Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
local multiplayer (co-op. / vs. ) game recommandation (GOG/itch.io prefered)
Zyohise Jul 30, 2020
Hello Linux Gamers! My first post here, I'm searching for some nice local multiplayer games which I can play from my couch with friends. I don't care if they are for 2, 4, 8, or more Player. But I really would prefer if they are on GOG or itch.io, because I don't like Steam so much, but if you know a really nice game which is only on Steam I will give that a look too.

local co-op games I like:
Neon Chrome
Broforce (really funny)
LEGO Star Wars
LEGO Indiana Jones

local vs. games I like:
Ultimate Chicken Horse (really funny)
SuperTuxKart
Stick Fight: The Game (really funny)
Worms W.M.D
Mario Kart Wii

I like most Genres, so I'm open to all games.
At this moment there is midweek sale on GOG.com, I've bought there already Streets of Rogue and some LEGO games, maybe you have some recommendations from that sale for me. https://www.gog.com/promo/20200729_midweek_sale
But the recommendations do not have to be on that sale, I will look at them anyway.

I look forward to your recommendations.
mcphail Jul 30, 2020
The answer you are looking for is Streets of Rogue. Enjoy :)
eldaking Jul 30, 2020
Overcooked is one of the best couch coop games. The Trine series is also quite good.

Not on sale right now, but Battleblock Theater and Pit People are also quite good (also coop).
Salvatos Jul 31, 2020
Ultimate Chicken Horse is my go-to at the moment, but I also enjoy SpeedRunners when I can get at least 3 people. Seems to be Steam-only, unfortunately.

I don’t really have much else that has local multiplayer on PC, but if it’s any help you could peruse Steam’s list and see if anything that catches your eye is available on other stores :)
https://store.steampowered.com/search/?tags=7368&os=linux
furaxhornyx Jul 31, 2020
+1 for Overcooked series, they are great fun
Zyohise Jul 31, 2020
Thanks for the recommendations! I bought Overcoocked and Trine 1 at the sale. I will try that next time I met some friends. Maybe I give a feedback.
@mcphail: Yes I think Streets of Rogoue will be the first game I will check then. :D
GustyGhost Aug 8, 2020
Megabyte Punch is a worthy coop (or vs). I consider it to be the Smash Bros of the PC space.
Dennis_Payne Aug 8, 2020
Assault Android Catcus+
Lenna's Inception
Nuclear Throne
(I have not played any of these couch co-op but they are supposed to support it I believe.)

My arcade machine has open source games Ostrich Riders, Alchemy Quest, Shippy 1984, and Mojotron (although a custom build).
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.