Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
Which laptop to choose for gaming on Linux?
Page: «2/2
  Go to:
YoRHa-2B Oct 9, 2020
Quoting: garpuMy partner just got an ASUS laptop, and it's pretty sweet. I have no idea how it runs Linux, though. :(
If my Asus Zephyrus G14 is anything to go by, Linux is very likely to run into firmware issues. It runs, quite well in fact, but in order for power management to work properly and not lock the CPU to 400 MHz (yes, four hundred), I had to boot into Windows and change some options in some Asus configuration software for the device and mess around with bios settings as well.

Would not recommend as a Linux box.
garpu Oct 30, 2020
Quoting: YoRHa-2B
Quoting: garpuMy partner just got an ASUS laptop, and it's pretty sweet. I have no idea how it runs Linux, though. :(
If my Asus Zephyrus G14 is anything to go by, Linux is very likely to run into firmware issues. It runs, quite well in fact, but in order for power management to work properly and not lock the CPU to 400 MHz (yes, four hundred), I had to boot into Windows and change some options in some Asus configuration software for the device and mess around with bios settings as well.

Would not recommend as a Linux box.

Bummer. He wouldn't let me near it with Linux install media.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.