You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page.
Totally Ignorant: Recommendations for 15yo son?
rik-shaw Sep 11, 2020
Well, I am not a gamer (at all) but would like to find some recommendations together with my 15yo son. We have lowly intel-only machines with 5th gen i5 processors and 12GB RAM. Looking for a place with quality reviews / recommendations / votes so we can sift through the overwhelming world of Linux gaming!

Opensource preferred, native preferred, but could go Proton if necessary. Thanks for any pointers on how to get started....
Liam Dawe Sep 11, 2020
Are we talking local co-op, local multiplayer or stuff for you individually that's also suitable for a 15 year old?
whizse Sep 11, 2020
Quoting: rik-shawLooking for a place with quality reviews / recommendations / votes so we can sift through the overwhelming world of Linux gaming!
Start here maybe?
https://www.gamingonlinux.com/articles/category/Review
rik-shaw Sep 11, 2020
Hey thanks for the reply. We are internet challenged so online collaboration may be occasionally possible (and he is motivated by that), but also offline play is a must. Mainly stuff he would be interested in is what we are after, but if I could join occasionally as a local network multiplayer that would be great.

Please no first person shooters or gore :-)
Liam Dawe Sep 11, 2020
Well, Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime is one of my favourite local co-op games. Really good fun and on a big sale: https://store.steampowered.com/app/252110/Lovers_in_a_Dangerous_Spacetime/
andy155 Sep 11, 2020
Trine 2 ;)
dr_jekyll Sep 11, 2020
I guess it would help if you could be a bit more specific about genres etc.

There are so many games today, the list is endless.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.