What have you been playing recently?
Page: «2/3»
  Go to:
Gooda Oct 14, 2020
Quoting: whizseBut it does! It's supported in ResidualVM.
Quoting: whizseThere's also this HD mod made for ResidualVM.
Well, that's fantastic! I didn't know that!

Finally, I have the perfect excuse to play it again. I've been thinking about revisiting it for years but could never find the time.

Now, I order myself to find the time!
Signed, The Commish
kaiman Oct 14, 2020
Been playing Spiritfarer. I like the aesthetics, but to me it is a game of chores. There's hardly a moment of peace or quiet, as the more or less annoying temporary residents of my boat demand to be fed, and they are a picky lot. They also need their own (often not so) humble abode with matching interior and plenty attention besides. In the precious few moments when there aren't any plants to water, fruits to pick or sheep to shear, a number of incredibly simple but time consuming mini games await to turn all those basic resources into the more refined materials required to satisfy above guests.

And yet, when it finally comes to say goodbye (and good riddance!) to any of them, there's a certain melancholy that sets in. I actually found myself wondering if the game is telling me something about my attitude towards other people, and my unwillingness to give up some of my own free time to their benefit. Maybe I should stop playing Spiritfarer and allot the time won by that to friends and family instead. Might be a better use for it after all :-).
Salvatos Oct 14, 2020
Playing a bit of XCOM 2 here and there, trying to beat the game on normal difficulty without save scumming... too much Still learning new things, the most recent being that you can in fact control your characters’ path instead of relying on the pathfinding. Also making much better use of my snipers, which I completely gave up on during my first playthrough. Such an addictive game.
whizse Oct 15, 2020
Quoting: kaimanBeen playing Spiritfarer. I like the aesthetics, but to me it is a game of chores. There's hardly a moment of peace or quiet, as the more or less annoying temporary residents of my boat demand to be fed, and they are a picky lot. They also need their own (often not so) humble abode with matching interior and plenty attention besides. In the precious few moments when there aren't any plants to water, fruits to pick or sheep to shear, a number of incredibly simple but time consuming mini games await to turn all those basic resources into the more refined materials required to satisfy above guests.

And yet, when it finally comes to say goodbye (and good riddance!) to any of them, there's a certain melancholy that sets in. I actually found myself wondering if the game is telling me something about my attitude towards other people, and my unwillingness to give up some of my own free time to their benefit. Maybe I should stop playing Spiritfarer and allot the time won by that to friends and family instead. Might be a better use for it after all :-).
Surprisingly deep and sombre thoughts tucked away in this thread. I love it!

I'm currently playing the original Costume Quest, 'cause 'ween times are a coming. I wish I had some reflections to share, but the game have mostly just inspired me to bake pumpkin pies...
stud68 Oct 16, 2020
Mixture of Fallout 4 and Fable Anniversary
omicron-b Oct 18, 2020
Quoting: whizse
Quoting: omicron-bWow, thanks a lot! Will definitely try it, the game has an annoying bug on Windows.
There's also this HD mod made for ResidualVM.
Thanks for this mod, game looks great now!
By any chance, did you have an issue with mod's large font not being correctly displayed, some words are partly replaced with dots?
Everywhere in menu (that's nothing), but sometimes also in subtitles:

Spoiler, click me

Last edited by omicron-b on 18 October 2020 at 7:36 am UTC
whizse Oct 18, 2020
[quote=omicron-b]
Quoting: whizseThanks for this mod, game looks great now!
By any chance, did you have an issue with mod's large font not being correctly displayed, some words are partly replaced with dots?
Everywhere in menu (that's nothing), but sometimes also in subtitles:
No, that's odd, don't recall having that problem.

There's a workaround here, if you build from source: https://github.com/residualvm/residualvm/issues/1702

I guess with the merge to ScummVM the whole project is in a state of flux.
denyasis Oct 18, 2020
Finally finished wiring my living room for Cat5 and hooked up my steam link so the kids can play games in the living room.

Only game we have that's kid friendly and controller friendly and steam friendly.... Race The Sun.

It's actually pretty fun.

I also have Slim Rancher, but last time t tried that, it caused my CPU to run extremely hot. Like hot to the touch. Weird. Hopefully I can figure out out before they learn to read this year
whizse Dec 8, 2020
Recently finished The Darkside Detective.

Currently playing Tex Murphy: The Pandora Directive.
denyasis Dec 11, 2020
I Tried several puzzle? Type games while I was trapped at work during a 4 day holiday weekend.

The most fun for me was Duskers. I am very bad at it. I really liked the astetic and the different take on roguelike game play. If I were to complain, the terminal was a little lacking. I've clearly been spoiled by the concepts of word wrap, scalable terminal sizes, and descrptive error messages, lol
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.