You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page!
Aquanox Deep Descent is out. Native version a possibility?
Page: «3/4»
  Go to:
Shmerl 27 Oct

I tried playing with taskset, it didn't really help.

Last edited by Shmerl on 27 October 2020 at 4:17 am UTC

Julius 31 Oct

Hmm, for me it seems to only run with Proton 5.9 (glorious eggroll) but crashes on start with Proton 5.13 (vanilla).

Shmerl 31 Oct

It crashes half the time with latest Wine staging.

Shmerl 19 Nov

FYI: It works pretty well now with latest Wine staging and dxvk.

Shmerl 19 Nov

Quoting: Avehicle7887As for Aquanox I recorded some gameplay yesterday

Did you figure out how to select a secondary quest? Or you just need to head to the destination figuring it the location yourself?

Last edited by Shmerl on 19 November 2020 at 7:00 pm UTC

Quoting: Shmerl
Quoting: Avehicle7887As for Aquanox I recorded some gameplay yesterday

Did you figure out how to select a secondary quest? Or you just need to head to the destination figuring it the location yourself?

I haven't played it much further than the recording. Been hooked on Shadows: Awakening

Shmerl 20 Nov

I figured, to select a secondary mission, you need to press space on it in the journal. Clicking with the mouse doesn't activate it.

Shmerl 22 Nov

Updated Wine to staging 5.22 and audio is completely messed up now, causing some weird static noise.

Quoting: ShmerlUpdated Wine to staging 5.22 and audio is completely messed up now, causing some weird static noise.

Have you tried to recompile wine with latest staging patches? There were some sound related commits past the 5.22 release.

Shmerl 22 Nov

I see one patch was removed. I can try that.

While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Patreon, Liberapay or PayPal Donation.

We have no adverts, no paywalls, no timed exclusive articles. Just good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Twitter Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.

Livestreams & Videos
Community Livestreams
Latest Forum Posts