Every article tag can be clicked to get a list of all articles in that category. Every article tag also has an RSS feed! You can customize an RSS feed too!
Is Desperados III a OpenGL or Vulkan game?
Page: «2/5»
  Go to:
Koopacabras Nov 7, 2020
Quoting: Avehicle7887@The_Aquabat:

I don't own the game, have you tried with the "glthread=true" env variable?
yes tried several things setting iommu to pt on grub, because that gave me problems with some Feral games, also I tried driver 20.0, 20.1 and oibaf repo. also tried several drirc tweaks, but they are so many that I haven't tried them all·
Koopacabras Nov 7, 2020
Quoting: whizseIf possible, see if you can record an apitrace so others can reproduce the issue. I might have time to help with bisecting but I don't own the game.

I installed mesa-common-dev (debug symbols) and ran this command in the launch options of steam

apitrace trace --api=gl %command%

that generated a 5GB trace file.....sounds right? because I'm uploading a 5GB file to google drive and don't want to waste time doing something wrong. I have slow internet.
whizse Nov 7, 2020
You should probably replay it to see if the trace is usable, and if it reproduces the problem. You should also compress it, try 7z or XZ.

Sadly, it looks like I might not be able to help with bisecting, I see now that you have RX 5600, I misread that as RX 560, which is similar to my GPU, but the 5600 is quite different.
x_wing Nov 9, 2020
Quoting: The_Aquabatbug reported should be a better place for people that want to report the same. Unfortunately I don't have the skills to git bisect this quickly it takes me weeks to git bisect something, I'm not that savy with git bisect.

here's the bug report

https://gitlab.freedesktop.org/mesa/mesa/-/issues/3759

Didn't play a lot lately but I don't have the issues you mention in the ticket. The nearest thing to slowdowns are related to some hiccups if I quickly move the camera around on the first loading of an scenario. This hiccups occurs once, so they are probably related to shaders compiling.

BTW, I have everything on high with V-Sync enabled (60hz == 60 fps). I suggest you enabling v-sync, it should help a little bit. Also, @Avehicle7887 suggestion may help a little bit with the compiling time.
x_wing Nov 9, 2020
Quoting: The_Aquabat
Quoting: whizseIf possible, see if you can record an apitrace so others can reproduce the issue. I might have time to help with bisecting but I don't own the game.

I installed mesa-common-dev (debug symbols) and ran this command in the launch options of steam

apitrace trace --api=gl %command%

that generated a 5GB trace file.....sounds right? because I'm uploading a 5GB file to google drive and don't want to waste time doing something wrong. I have slow internet.

The trace gets bigger if you don't limit your fps. Try setting a limit and do a short play through of 1-2 min where you trigger the error. Still, as it isn't a graphic corruption I'm not sure if the trace will be useful.
Koopacabras Nov 9, 2020
@x_wing
so it's a different issue, my issue seems that doesn't happen on Polaris.

For the ones that don't own the game there is a demo on steam if you wanna help, but x_wing says that doesn't happen on polaris but I think that @Avehicle7887 has a 5500 xt, maybe you could try to load the game and see if that happens you need to alert lots of enemies and make them move around or centre the camera around some animated trees for example. The bug happens when there's lots of animations going on. Performance goes really down almost unplayable.

Last edited by Koopacabras on 9 November 2020 at 3:44 am UTC
x_wing Nov 9, 2020
Quoting: The_Aquabat@x_wing
so it's a different issue, my issue seems that doesn't happen on Polaris.

For the ones that don't own the game there is a demo on steam if you wanna help, but x_wing says that doesn't happen on polaris but I think that @Avehicle7887 has a 5500 xt, maybe you could try to load the game and see if that happens you need to alert lots of enemies and make them move around or centre the camera around some animated trees for example. The bug happens when there's lots of animations going on. Performance goes really down almost unplayable.

If you can, add a video showing the required steps in order to reproduce as I'm not sure which is the number of enemies that triggers this issue in your case.
whizse Nov 9, 2020
Right, if it can be reproduced with the demo, adding that information with the required steps to the bug report would be very useful!

Edit: Looks like the demo is Windows only.

Last edited by whizse on 9 November 2020 at 2:43 pm UTC
Avehicle7887 Nov 9, 2020
@The Aquabat: I don't use Steam sorry, can't help much with that front.

@x_wing: Shader compiling stutter can be reduced even further by mounting the shader cache folder to a ram drive (not very useful with SSD and NVME but helps with mechanical drives).

I do this by:

export MESA_GLSL_CACHE_DIR="/home/user/my_custom_cache_folder"

Then I open a terminal window in that folder and: sudo mount -t tmpfs -o size=64M tmpfs ./

This creates a ram drive in that folder with a size of 64mb in that folder. Note: All data in that folder will be lost upon reboot/shutdown so make sure to copy it to the HDD before doing so.

Last edited by Avehicle7887 on 10 November 2020 at 10:43 am UTC
Koopacabras Nov 9, 2020
ok I created a Video sometimes enemies moving around don't trigger the bug, but foliage/trees animations mostly always do

link

this on 1080p on Ultra downscaled to make the video lighter, but setting graphics details to medium doesn't seem to make much difference anyway.

the problem happens if you move around the map with the cursor, if the view/camera is still it doesn´t happen, problem is that 90% of the game you are moving the camera around.

@x_wing does this happens on your hardware?

Last edited by Koopacabras on 9 November 2020 at 10:06 pm UTC
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.