Support us on Patreon to keep GamingOnLinux alive. This ensures all of our main content remains free for everyone. Just good, fresh content! Alternatively, you can donate through PayPal. You can also buy games using our partner links for GOG and Humble Store.
Issues with monitors on American Truck Simulator
Fredneck Nov 19, 2020
So when I boot the game up it automatically wants to use both of my monitors as one and when I go to change the resolution or try to set it to windowed mode it gets locked into this fullscreen/windowed mode thing. I have contacted tech support on the issue and I have checked my drivers which are up to date and I do not have EyeFinity or anything of the sort set up on my system.

I have already tried to do the following fix and it did nothing:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/270880/discussions/0/412447613569925019/?l=french&ctp=2

Here is the info on my drivers:

glxinfo | grep "OpenGL"
OpenGL vendor string: X.Org
OpenGL renderer string: AMD Radeon (TM) R9 380 Series (TONGA, DRM 3.19.0, 4.14.201-162.lts, LLVM 10.0.1)
OpenGL core profile version string: 4.6 (Core Profile) Mesa 20.1.9
OpenGL core profile shading language version string: 4.60
OpenGL core profile context flags: (none)
OpenGL core profile profile mask: core profile
OpenGL core profile extensions:
OpenGL version string: 4.6 (Compatibility Profile) Mesa 20.1.9
OpenGL shading language version string: 4.60
OpenGL context flags: (none)
OpenGL profile mask: compatibility profile
OpenGL extensions:
OpenGL ES profile version string: OpenGL ES 3.2 Mesa 20.1.9
OpenGL ES profile shading language version string: OpenGL ES GLSL ES 3.20
OpenGL ES profile extensions:

On top of everything else, this is the only game in my library that does it.

If anybody has any suggestions, I would appreciate it.
Liam Dawe Nov 19, 2020
Hmm maybe this old fix might help you, or at least point you in the right direction to change some stuff.
Fredneck Nov 20, 2020
That is actually on the Steam Community link I included in the post. It didn't work for me.
Liam Dawe Nov 20, 2020
Ah, my bad. Perhaps force it into windowed mode, then use your window manage to remove the borders? I know some people do stuff like that to get a borderless window for games that don't support it.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.