Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
fallout NV gog fails to load after installation via innoextract
dvd Jan 17, 2021
I wanted to play the frontier, so i installed the gog version of Fallout new vegas with innoextract. However, the game doesn't seem to detect it's clearly installed. Does anyone know where/what keeps track of it being installed? (It and the nvse loader just puts me on the launcher screen with only install available)

Last edited by dvd on 17 January 2021 at 7:27 pm UTC
This topic has an answer marked - jump to answer.
cruc2019 Jan 18, 2021
Why don't you install it normally under wine instead of extracting it with innoextract?
dvd Jan 18, 2021
Thanks for the answers! I usually extract all of very few windows gog games i have that way, less headache than figuring out which wine will behave with which gog installer, seems to be faster too. I think this is the first game i encountered where i needed to fiddle with the registry just so it runs.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.