You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page.
Hidden Linux Ports on Steam
Page: 1/2»
  Go to:
g000h Jan 23, 2021
Hi.

I eventually found the Wiki page containing this list of "Hidden Linux Ports on Steam" - It took me quite some effort to find this potentially very useful resource page.

The page is tucked away in the Wiki, here:
https://www.gamingonlinux.com/wiki/Hidden_Linux_ports_on_Steam

Then, on finding it I noticed that it hasn't seen any additions in quite some time. Just the other day, Mad Max and Shadow of Mordor were delisted as native Linux titles, and only appear to be Windows titles to casual observers in the Steam client. (Although the native Linux versions are still installable for owners of the games.)

There are plenty more hidden Linux ports on Steam, and this list seems to miss out plenty of them.

I came looking to find out if indie game Salt has a hidden native Linux port or not. Some comment on ProtonDB suggests that it might.

It would be great if people could update this page, and it would also be good if it was *a lot* easier to find too. I was expecting I'd find a list of 50 odd titles here, rather than less than 10.

Okay, bye for now.
Liam Dawe Jan 23, 2021
Not really sure what you're asking. Anyone can edit the wiki, they just need to request an account due to mass spammer attacks on it.
Koopacabras Jan 23, 2021
Mean Greens Plastic Warfare another game that u can add @g000h
Koopacabras Jan 23, 2021
Liam can u create an account for me ... I can add those titles.
Koopacabras Jan 23, 2021
Also "Hidden Linux Ports" could also mean "completely delisted" games like Prey 2006 or Dirt Showdown. or there's a separate page for those?

also Alyx doesn't have a hidden linux port?

Last edited by Koopacabras on 23 January 2021 at 4:21 pm UTC
Liam Dawe Jan 23, 2021
Quoting: The_AquabatLiam can u create an account for me ... I can add those titles.
I can create you one. Do you want the same user and email as on here?

Quoting: The_Aquabatalso Alyx doesn't have a hidden linux port?
Yes it does, it's not advertised.
Liam Dawe Jan 23, 2021
Yes, only actual Linux games on Steam are to be in this list, not titles that have ports elsewhere. It needs to be a Linux build, accessible on Steam.

I've added a couple more today.
Koopacabras Jan 23, 2021
Quoting: Liam Dawe
Quoting: The_AquabatLiam can u create an account for me ... I can add those titles.
I can create you one. Do you want the same user and email as on here?

yes please, as a matter of fact I might have something else to contribute to the wiki about my navi hardware.
Koopacabras Jan 23, 2021
Quoting: GuestI dont think that Prey 2006 does qualify as a "Hidden Linux Port" since while yes it has a Linux Version its not aviable on Steam and you can only get it from icculus.

I have Prey 2006 on steam and it's linux native. Keys were limited I think so u cannot buy it anymore, unlike Dirt Showdown that u can buy it in some key retailers. (Maybe if you look in ebay u can find a Prey 2006 key).

Anyway what I'm trying to say it's if completely delisted games from the steam store qualify as "Hidden Linux Ports", because some of them you can still get keys in some uncoventional stores. So if we are including "delisted natives linux", I don't see the reason why completely delisted games don't fall in the same category, if there's a linux depot and u can actually install the game (it's pretty much the same).

EDIT: I guess you are right TimeFreeze, Prey 2006....it is not Linux native, just downloaded to check; I don't know why I thought it was.

Last edited by Koopacabras on 23 January 2021 at 7:06 pm UTC
g000h Jan 23, 2021
Okay, I'll clarify what I meant:

I meant that this part of the GoL site had become redundant and needs to be updated to stay relevant. I was disappointed that the GoL community had not been updating it - Yes, I know I could contribute myself, but I'm a single person out of thousands.

Also, I knew the Hidden Ports bit existed, but it wasn't easy for me to locate it. I had expected a direct link on the top menus, rather than to click on Wiki and then hunt through the Wiki. (Once you're in the Wiki it is easy to spot.)
robvv Jan 24, 2021
Zombotron is missing from this list.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.