Every article tag can be clicked to get a list of all articles in that category. Every article tag also has an RSS feed! You can customize an RSS feed too!
GTA 3 with RE3
redman Feb 14, 2021
Hi,

I found today that the project https://github.com/GTAmodding/re3 has completed the reverse engineering of the game.

I read a while ago when trying DevolutionX how this guys change one per one the functions of the game an was amazed the amount of patience and time they have. Something good about the COVID-19 is that gave them a lot of time and last year they finish it.

Does anybody know of this? Have you try it on linux? I will have to go to dig on the all games stack to find the CD of this game.

Regards
wvstolzing Feb 14, 2021
Quoting: redmanHi,

I found today that the project https://github.com/GTAmodding/re3 has completed the reverse engineering of the game.

I read a while ago when trying DevolutionX how this guys change one per one the functions of the game an was amazed the amount of patience and time they have. Something good about the COVID-19 is that gave them a lot of time and last year they finish it.

Does anybody know of this? Have you try it on linux? I will have to go to dig on the all games stack to find the CD of this game.

Regards

That's a nice surprise. I've been waiting for OpenRW to finish (https://github.com/rwengine/openrw) -- and had no idea a similar project was in the works. I'll test this as soon as I can.
ageres Feb 15, 2021
I tried to compile it yesterday but failed. I'll try Luxtorpeda.

Last edited by ageres on 15 February 2021 at 3:53 am UTC
redman Feb 15, 2021
Quoting: ageresI tried to compile it yesterday but failed. I'll try Luxtorpeda.

I'm still digging on CD trying to find it, for next weekend I hope I have them to try to compile it. Which flavor of linux are you using ?
ageres Feb 15, 2021
Quoting: redmanI'm still digging on CD trying to find it, for next weekend I hope I have them to try to compile it.
Wouldn't it be easier to buy the GTA collection (3, VC & SA) on Steam while there is a big discount? Anyway, you can compile binaries without any game data.
Quoting: redmanWhich flavor of linux are you using ?
Arch, as indicated in the PC info.
mrdeathjr Feb 15, 2021
Testing some things

However is a bit unstable (replaced around 19 vehicles test)

Last edited by mrdeathjr on 15 February 2021 at 6:54 pm UTC
mrdeathjr Feb 17, 2021
recommended topic for improve graphics

https://github.com/GTAmodding/re3/issues/1086

but now stay testing revc with around 28 models replaced (dwheels used - imgtool)

more xbox maps + ps2 water

mrdeathjr Feb 17, 2021
now testing around 13 models in re3 and skin model work

redman Feb 23, 2021
Quoting: mrdeathjrnow testing around 13 models in re3 and skin model work

Amazing!!! The only sad thing now is that in my mind I give the hug of death! After posting this shit hit the fan with the repository!

Still having the code, and trying!
theweirdn8 Mar 21, 2021
Repository unavailable due to DMCA takedown.
This repository is currently disabled due to a DMCA takedown notice. We have disabled public access to the repository. The notice has been publicly posted.

If you are the repository owner, and you believe that your repository was disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification, you have the right to file a counter notice and have the repository reinstated. Our help articles provide more details on our DMCA takedown policy and how to file a counter notice. If you have any questions about the process or the risks in filing a counter notice, we suggest that you consult with a lawyer.
GustyGhost Mar 22, 2021
Is it time to start hosting git repos on IPFS?
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.