You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page.
Morrowind MODS
razing32 Mar 2, 2021
I've decided it's finally time I go through Morrowind.
Even if i progress slowly I want to cross it off the bucket list.

Any mods you would recommend to make the experience more fluent ?

I remember the mod for accurate attack that made the combat less weird.
Any others for quality of life ? (not looking for extra content , just polish)
redneckdrow Mar 2, 2021
Oh boy, did you ask at the right time. This site has a bunch of different mods/setups listed in one place. If you want a pure first time experience, I recommend the I Heart Vanilla list to start with, and you can use that as a jumping off point for heavier modding later on.

Also take advantage of the fact that OpenMW lets you use separate data directories for every mod. It will make your life much easier, trust me. If you're fooling with a lot of leveled list mods, I highly recommend OpenMW Leveled List Fixer so you don't have to resort to using ancient tools via wine to fix conflicts.
Shmerl Mar 3, 2021
Do shadows and distant objects finally work in OpenMW? I was also waiting to play it, but for a long time there were some missing features.
redneckdrow Mar 3, 2021
Yep, distant land's worked since June: Video

Real time shadows were added in 0.46.0

I recommend using a dev build if you yearn for faster access to features/fixes. It's a fairly stable program in my experience.
razing32 Mar 3, 2021
Quoting: redneckdrowOh boy, did you ask at the right time. This site has a bunch of different mods/setups listed in one place. If you want a pure first time experience, I recommend the I Heart Vanilla list to start with, and you can use that as a jumping off point for heavier modding later on.

Also take advantage of the fact that OpenMW lets you use separate data directories for every mod. It will make your life much easier, trust me. If you're fooling with a lot of leveled list mods, I highly recommend OpenMW Leveled List Fixer so you don't have to resort to using ancient tools via wine to fix conflicts.

Hmm , the I heart Vanilla thing doesn't really catch my eye.
From what I've browsed on Nexus things like signpost letters , dialogue fonts , attacks always hit and such are more what I'm looking at.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.