You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page.
I just signed up as a monthly contributor to the Free Software Foundation..
Duck Hunt-Pr0 Mar 24, 2021
Reason: Mr. Stallman is back!

Bryan Lunduke; In Defense of Richard Stallman

I could not agree more..

Become a member of the Free Software Foundation, today!
https://my.fsf.org/join

Last edited by Duck Hunt-Pr0 on 24 March 2021 at 7:38 pm UTC
This topic has an answer marked - jump to answer.
Pangaea Mar 24, 2021
I don't know who this bloke is (in the video above), but from what I've heard previously, Stallman is an incredibly important person in the free software community, one of the pioneers, so it seems mad to me to (try to) chase him out of town. I read the letter linked in the article that was closed for comments, and I couldn't help but shake my head. Sorry, but I did. That is the reason for boycotts? The letter as a whole sounded pretty extremist.

Clearly there is much I don't know about both sides, and the backhistory here, but looking in from the outside, the whole thing just seems really weird, and a bit unfair tbh.

Mainly it's sad there is such a conflict in the community right now. Would be better for all the best brains to work together.
Duck Hunt-Pr0 Mar 25, 2021
Quoting: PangaeaWould be better for all the best brains to work together.

This notion have sadly been abandoned, for quite a while; And been let slide willy-nilly... Leading to this very moment..

E.g

Last edited by Duck Hunt-Pr0 on 25 March 2021 at 3:13 am UTC
PublicNuisance Mar 25, 2021
Quoting: Duck Hunt-Pr0Reason: Mr. Stallman is back!

Bryan Lunduke; In Defense of Richard Stallman

I could not agree more..

Become a member of the Free Software Foundation, today!
https://my.fsf.org/join

Putting your money where your mouth is, respect. I'd donate to but got some bills to pay. Hoping to join soon though and this announcement just makes me want to more.
GustyGhost Mar 27, 2021
Quoting: GuestRMS being sneakily put back in such a position seems to me like a good reason not to support the FSF in any way…

The ideal FSF?
Duck Hunt-Pr0 Mar 27, 2021
Quoting: GuestRMS being sneakily

Sneakily???

There's github open-letter's going on around it lol... "sneakily" ? :D

Last edited by Duck Hunt-Pr0 on 27 March 2021 at 9:53 am UTC
Duck Hunt-Pr0 Mar 27, 2021
Quoting: PublicNuisancePutting your money where your mouth is

..My wallet kind of wishes the FSF would rescind their decision... and at upon the moment I'd immediately retract my meager support.. I've binbags with empty beer cans to return until ~June, so i recon i'll get by until the 'great reset' fubards everything up.. :crossfingers:

Until that moment though, I'm currently an active Free Software Foundation activist; https://my.fsf.org/join?referrer=5546997

Hold the line!

Last edited by Duck Hunt-Pr0 on 27 March 2021 at 10:31 am UTC
Liam Dawe Mar 27, 2021
This is not going to go anywhere productive or helpful. Closed.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.