You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page.
Mechanical keyboard with specific compact layout
ziabice Jul 4, 2021
Hi!
I like mechanical keyboards but, you know, it's an expensive hobby.

I'm in love with the layout of the GMMK PRO: do you know of less expensive alternatives with same layout and maybe Linux compatibility (programmability)?

The point here is that I want the arrow keys and the PGUP/DN keys in a vertical row separated from the rest of the keys, because I tried some compact layout like the one of the cheap Ajazz AK33 (82%) but is too tight and I do loot of mistakes typing.

Any help is very appreciated!
xavi Jul 6, 2021
Hello ziabice

I am very happy with my two keyboards: Atreus 42 and Atreus 44. Moving my right thumb I move to a new layer where you have the buttons as you like.

Here you can check the official page of the Atreus 44 from Keyboardio and you can think what
you can do with layers:

https://shop.keyboard.io/products/keyboardio-atreus

Also I made a gift to a friend, a ducky one 2 sf and he is very happy.

Enjoy!
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.