Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
Cendric
Dennis_Payne Aug 1, 2021
I don't think I was on this site when Cendric was released and the code made open source. I recently stumbled on it. The source code is MIT licensed. The graphics and sound are not. Some are CC-BY-NC-SA and some are more restrictive. The game can be played without needing to buy it to get all the game content. The review on this site are pretty acurate in that the gameplay has some flaws. It has an overworld that you wander around and talk to people but the dungeon/event areas are platformer screens. I don't find the combat that interesting and there is a lot of instant death areas.

The instructions for compiling didn't work for me. I didn't do a recursive clone. I added "-D USE_SYSTEM_SFML=1" to the cmake line to have it use the system SFML.

I've added Gamerzilla achievements and it has been merged into the developer's tree. I'm not sure I've mapped everything correctly as it is not obvious what achievement goes to certain enums.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.