Every article tag can be clicked to get a list of all articles in that category. Every article tag also has an RSS feed! You can customize an RSS feed too!
Your next/last game purchase?
Page: 1/9»
  Go to:
Liam Dawe Aug 30, 2010
Your next/last game purchase?

As the title says, what are you plans for buying games?

Personally i will be getting myself my own copy of Amnesia and Eschalon Book 2 on the next payday.
alexandrius Aug 30, 2010
Re: Your next planned game purchase?

Maybe Half-Life 2 - Episode 3 (AKA HL3) and Portal 2 <- My favourite not native (hope will be once) games
Liam Dawe Aug 30, 2010

I could never get into Half Life 2, i have it and episode one on Steam i think, never got what the big deal was?
alexandrius Aug 30, 2010

Dude are you joking?
Half-life is the best thing i've done played in my computer. The story (most important), gameplay, GMan, environment, whole game is fucking awesome. I even prefer this game, over gothic 1 and 2.
I honestly suggest, to start playing from first HL (with its all series, opposing force, blue shift, etc) and not only play game, feel the game!
Liam Dawe Aug 30, 2010

I played the original half life....couldn't get into that much either, weird.

Spent many a day on counterstrike, team fortress etc though.
alexandrius Aug 30, 2010

QuoteSpent many a day on counterstrike, team fortress etc though.

I do not like online unfinishable games :( but i play them sometimes
tweakedenigma Aug 31, 2010

I'm probably gonna get hero's of Newerth. I was in the Beta and really enjoyed it.
Aug 31, 2010

I don't really know, I've gotten a liking for indie games and when I see an indie developer who supports Linux I tend to buy it on sight. That being said I am buying my way through gog.com, so I know that I will be buying the Unreal games I am lacking and Fallout Tactics.
MaximB Aug 31, 2010

I never liked HL1, it's been ages since I played it (about 10 years or so...), but I always preferred Doom2 ;)

Today is the last day of the Wupra buy 2 get 1 for free "deal" : [url="http://linuxgamingnews.org/2010/08/22/wupra-buy-two-games-get-third-for-free/"]http://linuxgamingnews.org/2010/08/22/w ... -for-free/[/url]
I would probably get a few games and hope they are in English (I never fully understand, even after those interviews I've made with him what games are in English ;) ).

I've already bought Book2 and pre ordered Amnesia long time ago, also I want to buy "One Unit Whole Blood" from GOG, I hear it runs on DOSBOX ;)
Other then that, I never plan what games I buy, a new game could come out tomorrow and I can buy it that same day.
tweakedenigma Aug 31, 2010

Quoting: MaximBToday is the last day of the Wupra buy 2 get 1 for free "deal" : [url="http://linuxgamingnews.org/2010/08/22/wupra-buy-two-games-get-third-for-free/"]http://linuxgamingnews.org/2010/08/22/w ... -for-free/[/url]
I would probably get a few games and hope they are in English (I never fully understand, even after those interviews I've made with him what games are in English ;) ).

This prevented me from ordering games from Wupra, I has never sure if the game was English, and I didn't see any options to request a specific language.
Liam Dawe Aug 31, 2010

Each game has the language listed on it's page, i don't see what the problem is with that?
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.