Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
Steam: Long delay between click "install" and the window popup
kokoko3k Oct 10, 2021
I noticed that when i'm going to install a new game in steam, there is a delay after i click install.
meanwhile the steam UI is unresponsive.
Shadow of the tomb raider and shadow of mordor take almost 30 seconds, Howllow night about 44 seconds and others just one or two seconds.
Somebody has a clue on why this is happening and have a possible workaround please?

-EDIT

For whatever reason, and it happens only with some games, as soon as i click install, my network mounted ftp folder (curlftpfs) just stop answering and hangs, hanging the steam client itself.
An handmade script i made force kill the mounting process (curlftpfs) after it becomes stuck and it checks for it every 30 seconds on average.
Weird stuff.

Last edited by kokoko3k on 10 October 2021 at 1:58 pm UTC
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.