Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
Can we have 2FA for this website?
i was wondering about this. this is a secure website i am sure, but i would have some peace of mind if i could lock down my gamingonlinux account using 2 factor authentication.

i would like to know how other community members think of this.

thanks.
This topic has an answer marked - jump to answer.
Liam Dawe 21 Oct
Honestly don't see any need for it at all. I'm certainly not planning to add it in, we don't hold any sensitive information or deal with any payment stuff that you would expect to need 2FA.
ridge 22 Oct
I'm gonna agree with Liam, as long as nothing sensitive is being stored, worst that can happen in case of a breach is someone uses your account to make a thread with the topic name "butts". It does let them see your email should they get access, but given how low priority this site is for a breach, weellllll.
GustyGhost 22 Oct
If it does happen, it better be optional. What kind of damages do you envision arising from a compromise?
Quoting: GustyGhostIf it does happen, it better be optional. What kind of damages do you envision arising from a compromise?

What if someone gains access to my account and sets my PC info to Ubuntu ? I can't deal with that shame.
damarrin 22 Oct
Nuisance is right on the money. You’d better reconsider, Liam!
Liam Dawe 22 Oct
We already have a pretty secure system too. You get an email (unless you turn it off) when a new browser/device accesses your account, to change email/password it requires reauthentication and our actual login system has protection in place against a number of script-kiddy hacker attempts.
allright thanks for these info. i am good with these current systems that you have. the topic can be ended.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Patreon, Liberapay or PayPal Donation.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone with no article paywalls. We also don't have tons of adverts, there's also no tracking and we respect your privacy. Just good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Twitter Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.