Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
new RAM
dvd Nov 18, 2021
I'm not very comfortable when it comes to hardware, hence why I'm asking this here. I'm planning to upgrade my RAM, and have selected a few candidates, however they all have higher frequencies than the one i have in currently. The thing I interested in is provided they'd work together could i use the old stick as a ramdisk without operating the new one at the lower frequency?
Samsai Nov 18, 2021
Pretty sure your speeds fall to the slowest common denominator. So, unless you are willing to sacrifice speed for capacity, you shouldn't mix and match them.
Koopacabras Nov 19, 2021
Ryzen's cpus are a little picky with mixing rams of different brands. Most likely it will work, but try to get the same brand and same frequency to avoid unstability.

Last edited by Koopacabras on 19 November 2021 at 11:25 am UTC
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.