You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page.
RPG Maker MV - now works in Luxtorpeda
F.Ultra Nov 19, 2021
I noticed this when trying out the Camp Sunshine game that games created using RPG Maker MV (and perhaps other versions as well) are simply bundled with a Windows build of NW.js (new name for node-webkit) and if one just replace that with the native Linux version of NW.js the game worked flawless (earlier I made it work with Proton but performance was quite bad in the world map but with native NW.js the game flies).

So I created a ticket at Luxtorpeda and they have as of v47 added NW.js as an engine.

What is needed now of course is to identify as many RPG Maker MV (and perhaps test other versions of RPG Maker as well) and test them with Luxtorpeda and if they work add their appid so that Luxtorpeda can list them as working with this engine.

There is a user on the ticket https://github.com/luxtorpeda-dev/packages/issues/563 called "ToughGuyKunio" that are assembling a list of games so if any of you happen to have some of these games, please try out with v47 of Luxtorpeda and if that makes the game work then tell that user there about it!
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.