Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
I stopped buying games in 2021.....
Page: «4/4
  Go to:
For 2021 i came to a conclusion. I don't remember the exact timing of it, but at some point during the year I saw the game control on sale for a reasonable price. I am in love with the SCP universe, and the aesthetic of the game was stunning, so i bought it then and there. it plays great on proton, so i had a blast with it. Then, a week or so later, epic gave it away for free on the store.
Well dang, can't return it now since i've played it.
A bit later I found loop hero, amazing game, played it for a week or so. Boom. Epic games made it free.
PC building simulator? Oh. It's free on Epic.
Frostpunk? Free on Epic. Pine, Free on Epic.
Don't feed the Monkeys? Free on Amazon.
I bought an XBOX series S, and oh hey, Gamepass includes about 20 games I have spent hundreds on over the past few years, some of them even still full price brand new elsewhere.
I've stopped buying games the past half of the year, because I know if I just wait a month, it'll be free somewhere.
I don't have the time to play all the games I now have for free, so I'm just not buying anything anymore.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: Liberapay or PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone with no article paywalls. We also don't have tons of adverts, there's also no tracking and we respect your privacy. Just good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Twitter Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.