Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
Site design suggestions
shvelo Mar 3, 2014
Here are some suggestions from me:

• The fixed navbar isn't necessary, static one would be better

• Add some space before and after the slider

This is all I can remember now, I'll add later
Liam Dawe Mar 4, 2014
While I appreciate all suggestions the fixed navbar will be staying as I find it useful.

As for the slider, do you mean the image carousel? As I don't see a need to put space before and after, it's just wasted white-space then.
HadBabits Mar 8, 2014
I agree with Liam, I like the fixed navbar. Though while we're talking about suggestions, I think the mobile site needs reworking. Info like most recent comments, the facebook page, and such are kept at the bottom of the homepage, but if you scroll down to it the page loads more articles automatically. So the bottom part needs to be moved, removed, or loading previous articles should be done manually (which I'm in favour of.
Liam Dawe Mar 9, 2014
The infinite scroll can be turned off if you are logged in FYI, not sure of the best way to show/hide them for mobile though.
Speedster Mar 10, 2014
I usually hate fixed position elements, but in this case I really like the top bar being always accessible. It doesn't take up too much room.
shvelo Apr 7, 2014
Ok nevermind, just remember that wrapping a fixed element in .container doesn't make sense, the container has to be INSIDE the .navbar
Liam Dawe Apr 7, 2014
Quoting: shveloOk nevermind, just remember that wrapping a fixed element in .container doesn't make sense, the container has to be INSIDE the .navbar

Huh?
niarbeht Jul 9, 2015
Full text from a comment I made somewhere:

QuoteIf AA: PG comes to Linux, I will be filled with endless happiness.

For real.

EDIT: Using code tags still turned : and P next to one another into a smiley face: :P

There should probably be a non-"code" markup which disables smileys inside the given area, and a "code" markup should probably also disable smileys inside it. I assume there's a place on the forums to report this kind of thing....

See:
 : P :P 
^^^^^^ That's inside a code tag. For real.
Liam Dawe Jul 10, 2015
Yeah our code tag implementation sucks. It will be fixed, eventually. Better to post new issues in new posts, rather than extremely old ones that are nothing to do with it ;)
niarbeht Jul 12, 2015
Whoops.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.