Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
After Months of waiting, finally able to purchase a Nvidia GPU
jsheedy 20 Dec, 2021
Just letting others know, that after being on the EVGA waiting list since early March 2021 I was finally selected. I was able to grab a RTX 3060 (non ti) GPU. So if anyone was wondering, yes EVGA is making cards available for purchase for those on the waiting list at MSRP.
This happened to me as well late last year, and with about the same delay: I entered the EVGA wait list for a 3060 RTX in the middle of February 2021, and received the notification of my opportunity to buy in the last week of November 2021. The price was MSRP, so USD $329, and it arrived the next week.

It's a long wait, but they really are selling them this way.
I placed an order for my NVIDIA card in November '20. I stayed in a queue for about 6 months, and in June I received my order. The website where I purchased it was very professional to keep a very straight queue.

I decided also to buy an AMD Card with a friend of mine (and then try both of them in our computers); I order it in 2020; it becomes available in 2021; but then we both figure out that the card was coming from Germany, and we live in the UK, and in January '21 Brexit became effective. Then let's pay also for VAT charges.
Thetargos 16 Aug
I was able to FINALLY get a new GPU this weekend off Amazon, and @ MSRP (EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra). Coming from my aging Strix GTX1080 there is a night and day difference in many games. Still that 1080 served me well for the last 6 years. I'll most likely use it in another build (though its massive size makes it difficult to recycle for a TV setup for casual gaming)
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone with no article paywalls. We also don't have tons of adverts, there's also no tracking and we respect your privacy. Just good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Twitter Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.