Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
Dirt ShowDown segmentation fault
Koopacabras Mar 6, 2022
hi there. I don't know how to debug/fix this. I get segmentation fault on Dirt Showdown.
This topic has an answer marked - jump to answer.
tuubi Mar 6, 2022
Seeing as the Linux port runs Windows binaries on an ancient version of VP's Wine-like eON wrapper, your best bet might just be running it with Proton instead. This is probably not the solution you wanted, but it's definitely the easiest one.
dubigrasu Mar 6, 2022
Quoting: Koopacabrashi there. I don't know how to debug/fix this. I get segmentation fault on Dirt Showdown.
Are you running a 5.16 kernel by chance?
Koopacabras Mar 6, 2022
Quoting: dubigrasu
Quoting: Koopacabrashi there. I don't know how to debug/fix this. I get segmentation fault on Dirt Showdown.

yes!!
Koopacabras Mar 6, 2022
Quoting: tuubiSeeing as the Linux port runs Windows binaries on an ancient version of VP's Wine-like eON wrapper, your best bet might just be running it with Proton instead. This is probably not the solution you wanted, but it's definitely the easiest one.

problem is that Proton doesn't connect to Race.net and my saves are wiped (but that could be worked out tho)
Koopacabras Mar 6, 2022
I'll be damned it's the kernel. is this some kind of kernel bug? with 5.15 it works
dubigrasu Mar 6, 2022
Quoting: Koopacabras

yes!!
There is a regression in 5.16 that causes these segmentation faults with VP ports and probably some others.
A patch was proposed but hasn't been implemented yet, it maybe be ready for 5.17 or sooner.
If you can, install a 5.15 kernel, for example both Xanmod and Liquorix have stable 5.15 versions available.
Edit, ha you already did :)

Last edited by dubigrasu on 6 March 2022 at 12:17 pm UTC
Koopacabras Mar 6, 2022
can you point me to the kernel bug so I can bookmark it? then I can know if a patch has been released asap.
Koopacabras Mar 6, 2022
I think the patch was merged to git queued for 5.16.13.
Spoiler, click me

I will patch my kernel if it's fine for merging into official git stable, then it's good enough for me. I will report back.

EDIT: yes that patch fixes the issue.

Last edited by Koopacabras on 6 March 2022 at 2:20 pm UTC
dubigrasu Mar 9, 2022
Fix already in the 5.16.0-13.2-liquorix-amd64 :) And likely very soon in Xanmod.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.