Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
Patching Proton(Steam)
Page: «2/2
  Go to:
Kondor999 Nov 2, 2022
Got it working! I want to thank you guys, this is like a dream come true for a wargamer. I love the entire Combat Mission series like no other wargame, and now I can play it anywhere! It runs really well on the Deck and I've created a custom control scheme to make the interface a little less cumbersome.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!
whizse Nov 2, 2022
Quoting: Kondor999Got it working! I want to thank you guys, this is like a dream come true for a wargamer. I love the entire Combat Mission series like no other wargame, and now I can play it anywhere! It runs really well on the Deck and I've created a custom control scheme to make the interface a little less cumbersome.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!
I'm glad to hear you got it working and someone else got some use out of that custom Proton build!
David_Horkoff Jan 6, 2023
Just tried this on my PopOS machine and it worked a charm! Thanks so much for the tip about downloading the Andriko version of Proton and how to install it locally. Nothing is easier than pasting a directory straight in without needing to edit any files!

I'm going to do this on my Steam Deck when I get a chance.

Cheers!
whizse Jan 8, 2023
Quoting: David_HorkoffJust tried this on my PopOS machine and it worked a charm! Thanks so much for the tip about downloading the Andriko version of Proton and how to install it locally. Nothing is easier than pasting a directory straight in without needing to edit any files!

I'm going to do this on my Steam Deck when I get a chance.

Cheers!
Surprising amount of love for this game!

It's too bad that the Wine patch still haven't been reviewed. The game isn't available on Steam either or the patch could have been added as a game specific workaround directly in Proton.
Stefan Sep 6, 2023
Quoting: AndrikoThanks whize! It works great! This is brilliant, it;s about the only game I play, so naturally it wouldn't work for me!

And no worries about downloading it - it couldn't do worse to the PC than what I did the other day when I accidentally bricked it and destroyed Windows...

Can't thank you enough!

If you are happy I could be happy to?

Can you please provide information so that I can repeat your feat on my Steam Deck?

/S
whizse Sep 6, 2023
The original bug has been fixed in upstream Wine (as of 8.7).

I suggest someone open an issue on the Proton bug tracker for Combat Mission Shock Force 2 (the original isn't available on Steam, the sequel seems to have the same issue) and ask for the bug fix to be cherry picked into Proton Experimental.

Otherwise I'm guessing that Proton won't have the fix until Proton 9 is released.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.