Every article tag can be clicked to get a list of all articles in that category. Every article tag also has an RSS feed! You can customize an RSS feed too!
GOG games on real hardware?
Page: «3/3
  Go to:
Hamish Jun 22, 2022
Quoting: ShmerlI think there is some issue with hybrid disks that have audio (those aren't normal disks). There is no good way to handle them? If it's just data, you don't even need any ISOs/mounting, just designate some location as a "drive" in winecfg, set its type to CD-ROM there and it would work nicely.)
It was indeed an issue with CD Audio in WINE that first pointed me to mounting a BIN/CUE pair with CDEmu, but it is also just good practice to have image backups on hand for any games you do not own digitally.
Shmerl Jun 22, 2022
QuoteAs of 30 June 2019, CDemu is not available in the official repositories of Debian, Ubuntu and Fedora Linux for any release, but it is available via official PPA for Ubuntu and COPR for Fedora Linux.

Looks like it got booted from Debian repos. Were there some problems with it?
slaapliedje Jun 22, 2022
Quoting: Shmerl
QuoteAs of 30 June 2019, CDemu is not available in the official repositories of Debian, Ubuntu and Fedora Linux for any release, but it is available via official PPA for Ubuntu and COPR for Fedora Linux.

Looks like it got booted from Debian repos. Were there some problems with it?
https://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?t=147363
AshleyWilliams Jun 22, 2022
Hi all!

I don't know if it is the right sub to post but I prefer using GOG to Steam. I am looking for a racing game to be compatible with Debian. I know they are working on Beam.ng but it's still a while away. I don't mind retro gaming, the only thing I would prefer is for it to be a little more on a realistic/simulation side and not racing like the good ol' Lotus 3 (if anyone remembers). Thank you in advance!
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.