Check out our Monthly Survey Page to see what our users are running.
Adding custom res doesnt work
Meliko Jun 26, 2022
My System Info

Linux Distribution: Fedora/Nobara
Desktop Environment: Gnome
Graphics Card: nvidia 3080
GPU Driver Version: 515.48.07

Have you checked for system updates?: [Yes/No] yes

If this is not Steam, you can still give us a system readout using inxi with "inxi -SbCGxx" in terminal (please put that into Pastebin/Gist as linked above!): pastebin.com/raw/K5ZjEZup

You can note your issue below here
Hi so im on fedorea/nobara (linux using a recently purchases odyssey g9 on my pc that has a 3099 in it, so it should perform well enough.

However, as soon as i start playin games, even the simplest like minecraft with shaders, suddenly those start acting up with a horribly decreased fps rate, from abt 110 fps to 20 fps while using my g9..

So i was curious what the issue was, so i searched and found out it may be my screen res.. but as soon as i try changing my screen res using xrandr to a customized res of 3080x1080, I receive a BadName error..

So are there any linux ultrawide enthiousiasts that cam help me on this one?

Note any particular steps to reproduce it below here
Using command
Xrandr --newmode "3090x1080_60.00" 277.75 3080 3280 3608 41 36 1080 1083 1093 1120 -hsync +vsync
On nobara/fedorea with a odyssey g9
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.