Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
Self hosted knowledge base?
Guppy Nov 16, 2022
Does something like Obsidian or Logseq exist where instead of keeping files locally you plop it down in a dir on an apache server and is uses the *servers* filesystem to store the files?

I really like obsidian but having to sync files and thus store them on multiple devices is prone to errors and a security risk ( lose a device and all the data is now in the wild )

A hosted solution most likely wont work due to GDPR

I don't care if it's paid software, but I would prefer if the source were available.
Salvatos Nov 17, 2022
I feel like any wiki software that supports Markdown (if you care about that in particular) would probably fit the bill? Interlinking is a staple of wikis and KB platforms, so I’m not worried about that being present.
Guppy Nov 18, 2022
Quoting: Juliushttps://www.bookstackapp.com/

maybe.

I'll have a look thanks
Guppy Nov 18, 2022
Quoting: SalvatosI feel like any wiki software that supports Markdown (if you care about that in particular) would probably fit the bill? Interlinking is a staple of wikis and KB platforms, so I’m not worried about that being present.

It's the particuklare ease of being able to past screenshots in directly and having support for code highlighting that's been the draw for obsidian.

Most wikis I've looked at have been quite cumbersome in those aspects, which then becomes a barrier to people actually using it for creating new/editing nodes.

That and being able to edit content immediately with out going though a backend to edit.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.