Every article tag can be clicked to get a list of all articles in that category. Every article tag also has an RSS feed! You can customize an RSS feed too!
Mice recommendation
Page: 1/2»
  Go to:
dvd Jan 3, 2023
Can anyone recommend a solid built BT wireless mouse with built-in batteries and usb charging?
I've been going over some shops but seems like all mice need AAA batteries...
This topic has an answer marked - jump to answer.
WorMzy Jan 3, 2023
Not something I'm interested in (wireless mice in a house full of cats sounds like too much fun...), but Logitech do rechargeable gaming mice. They even do a wireless-charging mouse mat to use them on, so they charge as you use them. Can't speak for how well it works or what the lifespan is like, but it sounds pretty neat.
Arehandoro Jan 3, 2023
I have the Logitech MX Master 3, which is the previous version to the one sold directly at Logitech's website: https://www.logitech.com/en-gb/products/mice/mx-master-3s.910-006559.html

It's the best mouse I've had, and would be difficult for me to move on to a different one if they stop releasing new iterations by the time I need a new one.
Klaas Jan 3, 2023
I've noticed that Logitech has updated some models recently (without changing the website) to cheaper mouse wheels that stop working very fast. I've bought two new ones where the version I previously bought was much higher quality – so be very careful.
damarrin Jan 3, 2023
I use the Logitech MX Anywhere 2, which is the predecessor to the current 3. Not a gaming mouse, but it's not what the OP is asking about? It's both BT and the Logitech receiver and has a built-in battery that charges with USB-C (the 3, not the 2 which has micro-USB)

Last edited by damarrin on 3 January 2023 at 4:39 pm UTC
dvd Jan 3, 2023
Quoting: damarrinI use the Logitech MX Anywhere 2, which is the predecessor to the current 3. Not a gaming mouse, but it's not what the OP is asking about? It's both BT and the Logitech receiver and has a built-in battery that charges with USB-C (the 3, not the 2 which has micro-USB)

This seems like everything i want. I checked it in the shop and if it can indeed be paired with multiple devices and switched between them with a click (and that works OS-independent) then this is even more than i wished for. Out of curiosity, how much life do you get out of it between charges?

Thank you all for the suggestions! :)

Last edited by dvd on 3 January 2023 at 8:01 pm UTC
damarrin Jan 3, 2023
Hmm, a couple of weeks to a month? Though I don’t use my desktop so much so I can’t really remember. I’m mostly at my laptop and the touchpad with gnome has been so useful with all the gestures I don’t miss the mouse so much these days.
dvd Jan 3, 2023
Quoting: damarrinHmm, a couple of weeks to a month? Though I don’t use my desktop so much so I can’t really remember. I’m mostly at my laptop and the touchpad with gnome has been so useful with all the gestures I don’t miss the mouse so much these days.

I try to get rid of it as well, mostly need it for games and work, sadly i have to use a mouse there with windows.
Hamish Jan 3, 2023
Meanwhile I just went ahead and bought myself a new PS/2 mouse:
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B08WS4FZSG?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

Not quite what the OP was asking for no doubt.

Last edited by Hamish on 3 January 2023 at 10:22 pm UTC
damarrin Jan 4, 2023
Quoting: dvd
Quoting: damarrinHmm, a couple of weeks to a month? Though I don’t use my desktop so much so I can’t really remember. I’m mostly at my laptop and the touchpad with gnome has been so useful with all the gestures I don’t miss the mouse so much these days.

I try to get rid of it as well, mostly need it for games and work, sadly i have to use a mouse there with windows.

Oh, gaming is totally THE use-case for a mouse.
g000h Jan 4, 2023
Built-in batteries typically means that when the battery gets degraded (e.g. after 100 charge cycles) then the typical owner throws out their gadget because they cannot replace it themselves. I have a Logitech G305 and it lasts approx 1 month on rechargeable AA battery. The compartment opens easily and I just pop out the current AA and drop in a fresh charged one, with no need to pause for charging.

I also recommend using a Smart AA,AAA,18650 charger like the Nitecore models where each battery is charged separately rather than as a pair, and gives charging status messages.

Last edited by g000h on 4 January 2023 at 5:40 pm UTC
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.