You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page.
BitSummit; Japanese indie game festival dates for 2023 confirmed
Pengling May 24, 2023
The annual BitSummit Let's Go! indie games exhibition is set to take place at the Miyako Messe in Kyoto, Japan in July, running across three days for the first time in its ten-year history. On July 14th the event will be open to businesses only, and on July 15th and 16th the show will be open to the general public.

This year's game-list includes a handful of titles that are specifically stated to be for Linux;

Akkura by Cicada Games
Fishbowl by imissmyfriends.studio
Flightpath by Illogic Games
SCHiM by Extra Nice
Terranova by Studio Terranova
The Devil Within: SATGAT by Newcore Games

It appears that some of these games might be providing Linux support via Steam Play Proton (though at least one has a native build that simply isn't finished yet), as I couldn't find native versions listed for all of them (hence why I've posted this in the All Other Chat section of the forum, rather than one of the more specific areas). This may mean that the actual number of Linux-compatible titles at the show is higher - there are a few more labelled simply with "Other", at any rate, and filtering by platform suggests that 25 Linux titles will be present, rather than the six specifically tagged with the name.

Last edited by Pengling on 24 May 2023 at 10:36 pm UTC
BlackBloodRum May 26, 2023
Will be keeping an eye on this! It has some interesting stuff

Knowing me though, I'll forget all about it.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.