Rokabium Games recently announced that Something Ate My Alien will be releasing this April, with Linux support. A strange mixture of digging through tunnels, solving puzzles, upgrading/crafting and a little action-platforming in between with wonderful hand-painted visuals.
- The ransom list you need to complete is randomly generated and unique to each game.
- Dig through the depths of 4 different planets and collect as much loot as possible.
- Solve puzzle chambers by pushing and pulling blocks to reveal secret treasures.
- Survive by finding oxygen recharge stations and dodging environmental obstacles.
- Fight the hostile flora and fauna with your choice of 6 specialized weapons.
- Upgrade your equipment by selling surplus loot for units.
- Engage in bigger battles with the scary huge threats guarding the hidden secrets.
Just recently I've done a little early testing for the developer, with the game working really nicely. I won't give it any thorough thoughts until closer to release when it's ready but I do think you need to keep an eye on it. The blend of genres works quite well, with you teleporting between underground locations in search of resources as you deal with any puzzle rooms or lurking hostile creatures.