StarCrossed, an action-arcade game with a magical girl aesthetic and a cooperative twist has now officially released for Linux shortly after the Windows version became available last month.
It plays something a little like a classic arcade shooter, except your only weapon is a bright star that you need to bounce between you and your partner to keep the momentum going. A very fun and sweet twist, something like a ridiculously action-packed co-op pong with bright and inviting visuals.
Developed by Contigo Games with publishing from Whitethorn Digital, this is another crowdfunding success from Kickstarter. The team managed to get $12,270 in funding back in October of 2018.
Two different modes are included with a story-mode and a traditional score-chasing arcade mode that has you attempt to keep reaching higher against endless waves of enemies.
- Cast of 5 playable characters to choose from, each with their own unique ultimate ability!
- Designed from the ground up for 2 player local co-op! Split controller offers the option for solo play or an even cozier two player experience.
- Supports Xbox and PS4 controllers.
- Get competitive with Arcade Mode, featuring a global high score leaderboard!
- Explore the galaxy in Story Mode, with visual novel style dialogue scenes and an epic quest!
- Original soundtrack of magical and spacey tunes, composed by PearlPixel!
You can see my crowdfunded games on our dedicated page.