Using the swipe left or right mechanic found in titles like the Reigns series (which are good fun), Democratic Socialism Simulator is now available.
"Enact radical reforms, tax the rich, transform the economy, tackle the most pressing issues without alienating voters or bankrupting the government. But beware: the ruling class won't give up its power easily. Even your closest allies may turn on you."
The developer said it's supposed to be something like a "Sanders" style US presidency, with the aim to "entertain, enrage, provoke socialist-curious players as well as comrades on the front lines of the political revolution". A game I've no doubt will indeed provoke some kind of rage, since politics is a sensitive subject for some when talking about games. At least the name, Democratic Socialism Simulator, doesn't exactly leave anything to your imagination. If you pick this up, you know what you're getting.
- Hundreds of choices based on existing policy proposals
- Randomly generated scenarios and multiple endings
- Room for different play styles, ideologies, and strategies
- A cast of extremely opinionated anthropomorphic animals
- Original Soundtrack by Jesse Stiles
You can pick Democratic Socialism Simulator up for $5 on itch.io.