Welcome to the GamingOnLinux.com Wiki! This will hopefully be the Linux gamers guide to all things for Linux games. To combat spam you need to register to edit anything. Please do consider supporting us on Patreon!
We have many places you can find us to chat! We have our IRC, our Telegram Group, our Discord Chat and our Forum.
Introduction to Linux Gaming
- Newbie guide
- Stores selling Linux games - Information about where you can buy your Linux games.
- Installing games on Linux - Instructions for installing games from different sources.
- Wine and PlayOnLinux - Introduction to Wine and PlayOnLinux.
- What is DRM? - A short explanation of DRM and it's advantages and disadvantages.
- Graphic drivers on Linux - Information about different graphic card drivers on Linux.
- List of crowdfunding games - Lists of crowdfunding projects related to Linux gaming.
- Open Source Games - Free and Open Source games that support Linux.
- Open Source Game Engines List - Open source game engines for titles that do not have official Linux versions.
- Emulators - Emulators available on Linux.
- Unreleased Ports - Promised Linux ports that are currently missing in action, also a list of cancelled Linux ports.
- Games worth your bucks - Attempt to crowd-source a list of good Linux games.
- Benchmarking Linux Games - A list of Linux games with a built-in benchmark tool and other tools.
- Gaming gadgets - Steering wheels, gamepads and other gaming gadgets supported on Linux.
This is aimed at being a list of game engines and technology which supports you building Linux games within.
- Game Engines - Aimed at developers to find a game engine they can build a game with that supports Linux.
Technical Support Links
Generally, the first port of call for problems that you may encounter is the dedicated support (forums, IRC, knowledgebases etc) provided by the Linux distribution that you're using. The relevant distro subreddit may also be useful. If the problem is a game-specific one, then searching out support from the game's site or Steam community hub may be of help. Otherwise, you may find the following links of use:
- GamingOnLinux's tech forum - All Linux gaming related tech help topics accepted.
- LinuxQuestions.org - Very well established general support site for Linux.
- /r/linuxquestions - General Linux support subreddit.
- /r/linux4noobs - Subreddit providing Linux support that is "explicitly noob-friendly".
- Wine Application Database - Holds support information for games that can be run through Wine.
- Wine Forums- Provides support on games run through Wine that may not be covered in the database.
- Feral Interactive's support site - Support on any games that have been ported/published by Feral Interactive.
- Steam for Linux bugtracker - Searching for issues posted on Steam or games on Steam may provide solutions.
General Linux Gaming Links
- Linux Gaming subreddit
- PCGamingWiki - Multi-OS game database.
- Steam games - Games available on Steam for Linux/SteamOS
- Humble Store - Games available on The Humble Store for Linux/SteamOS
- GOG - Games available on Good Old Games for Linux/SteamOS
- The Funding Crowd Team Page
- Big table of Indiegogo results (successful and failed together)
- A Year In Review: all the stats
- Another Year In Review: all the stats
- Wiki markup - An overview of the syntax used for writing the wiki articles