You need to request an account in this forum, due to heavy spam. Or, find Liam in one of the social networks below to request access!
Introduction to Linux Gaming
- Newbie guide
- Stores selling Linux games - Information about where you can buy your Linux games.
- Installing games on Linux - Instructions for installing games from different sources.
- Benchmarking Linux Games - A list of Linux games with a built-in benchmark tool and other tools.
- Wine, CrossOver and PlayOnLinux - Introduction to Wine, CrossOver and PlayOnLinux.
- Virtualization - Introduction to virtualization of other systems, including GPU passthrough for near bear-metal gaming performance.
- Emulators - Emulators available on Linux.
- Gaming gadgets - Steering wheels, gamepads and other gaming gadgets supported on Linux.
- What is DRM? - A short explanation of DRM and its advantages and disadvantages.
- What is Mesa? - A newbie friendly guide to Mesa, the open source graphics drivers on Linux
- Open Source Games - Free and Open Source games that support Linux.
- Open Source Game Engines List - Open source game engines for titles that do not have official Linux versions.
- GOG Games Missing Linux Ports - games on GOG.com that have a Linux port (native or not) available in any official sources elsewhere.
- Steam Games Missing Linux Ports - games on Steam that have a Linux port (native or not) available in any official sources elsewhere.
- Unreleased Ports - Promised Linux ports that are currently missing in action, also a list of cancelled Linux ports.
- Games broken on Mesa - Games currently broken on the open source Mesa drivers
- Games with recent fixes in Mesa - Games that previously had issues with Mesa and were fixed (above list migrates to this one gradually).
- Performance impact of Mesa glthread - Community maintained list of performance improvements and regressions of Mesa's OpenGL multithreading in popular games
- DXVK Compatibility List - Status of various Direct3D 11 based games run through Wine+dxvk on Linux.
- Unity Games Working On Linux (User Ported) - Some Unity games that aren't released for Linux, but can be made to work on Linux manually. (Work in progress)
- Proton compatibility list (Steam play Beta) - Game that are tested with Steam play Beta (Proton). (Work in progress)
- Games that removed Linux support - A list of games where official Linux support was removed
- Feral Interactive ports - A list of games ported to Linux by Feral Interactive
Guides and HOWTOs
- Building Mesa from source - A guide how to build Mesa from source and use it without replacing your system Mesa packages.
- Querying and benchmarking AMD GPUs
- Using Renderdoc capture - for troubleshooting Vulkan games.
This is aimed at being a list of game engines and technology which supports you building Linux games within.
- Game Engines - Aimed at developers to find a game engine they can build a game with that supports Linux.
Technical Support Links
Generally, the first port of call for problems that you may encounter is the dedicated support (forums, IRC, knowledgebases etc) provided by the Linux distribution that you're using. The relevant distro subreddit may also be useful. If the problem is a game-specific one, then searching out support from the game's site or Steam community hub may be of help. Otherwise, you may find the following links of use:
General Linux support
- GamingOnLinux's tech forum - All Linux gaming related tech help topics accepted.
- LinuxQuestions.org - Very well established general support site for Linux.
- /r/linuxquestions - General Linux support subreddit.
- /r/linux4noobs - Subreddit providing Linux support that is "explicitly noob-friendly".
Gaming specific support
- Wine Forums - Provides support on games run through Wine that may not be covered in the database.
- PlayOnLinux Forums - Provides support on games run through PlayOnLinux.
- Steam for Linux bugtracker - Searching for issues posted on Steam or games on Steam may provide solutions.
- Steam for Linux General Discussions :: Steam Community - General discussions and bug reports before Git buckstracker.
- Feral Interactive's support site - Support on any games that have been ported/published by Feral Interactive.
- Aspyr Support - Support on any games that have been ported/published by Aspyr.
- Virtual Programming - Support on any games that have been ported/published by Virtual Programming.
General Linux Gaming Links
- Linux Gamers' FAQ on Icculus
- Linux_Gaming subreddit
- Linux_Stuff subreddit
- Free Steam games - A list of free (as in ) Linux games available on Steam
- PCGamingWiki - Multi-OS game database.
- Libregamewiki - Free (as in speech) games database.
- Linux game database
- Wine Application Database - Holds support information for games that can be run through Wine.
- Steam Linux User Group
Linux games in stores
- Steam - Games available on Steam for Linux/SteamOS
- GOG.com - Games available on GOG for Linux/SteamOS
- Humble Store - Games available on The Humble Store for Linux/SteamOS
- Itch.io - Games available on itch.io for Linux/SteamOS
- Game Jolt - Games available on Game Jolt for Linux/SteamOS
- Wiki markup - An overview of the syntax used for writing the wiki articles