For those of you sticking with the stable channel of Steam Play's Proton system, Valve have today rolled out all the recent beta changes for everyone.
For today's article I spoke to Ethan Lee, developer of FNA and who has ported something around 40+ titles to Linux. Here's what he thinks about Valve's Steam Play.
What started as a large article talking to developers about Steam Play required splitting off before it became too big. I give you, a chat with the developer of DXVK.
Another Beta version of Proton is available for Valve's Steam Play for those who wish to give it a go with the latest fixes.
Valve, CodeWeavers and the community have continued updating Steam Play's Proton and now the beta version of Proton has another new build out.
Valve have rolled out Steam Play into the stable Linux Steam Client, along with touch controls for Steam Link
Valve seem to be moving pretty quickly with Steam Play, as a new stable Steam Client is out which includes preliminary support for the new Steam Play Beta.
Valve are now offering a chance to test a beta of the next version of Proton in their Steam Play system.
With the dust settling on the absolute bomb that Valve dropped with the new Steam Play feature, I’ve had a little time now to think about the broader implications.
Valve's Steam Play should work better today, as DXVK was left in debug mode causing a performance drop
It seems there was a bit of a woops with the Beta release of Valve's new Steam Play system Proton, which is now fixed.
As we speculated previously, Valve have now officially announced their new version of 'Steam Play' for Linux gaming using a modified distribution of Wine, called Proton.
Popular this week
- Valve upgrade Steam Deck when docked in new OS Beta, plus big Steam Deck Client update
- Valve finally fixes up the Steam Deck on-screen keyboard some more
- GE-Proton 7-35 out now with more fixes for Linux / Steam Deck
- A new Proton Experimental release hooks up NVAPI for lots of games on Linux
- NVIDIA announces Ada Lovelace their 3rd generation RTX, DLSS 3 and Portal RTX
Blizzard don't officially support Steam Deck / Linux bu…
Minigalaxy, a simple open source GOG client for Linux a…
Wine 7.18 rolls out with Unicode 15 support
GNOME 43 is out now with Quick Settings, refreshed File…
Valve upgrade Steam Deck when docked in new OS Beta, pl…
- See more comments
Latest Forum Posts
- Weekend Play List 9/23/22
- WINE Game Screenshot Thread
- Unable to get distrobox to run from application link
- XCOM 2 /lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcrypto.so.1.0.0: version `OPENSSL…
- Just Cause 2 (GOG) does not quit
- See more posts