Steam Play - what is it?
Steam Play is a feature that allows you to run compatibility layers in the Linux version of the Steam client. Proton being one of them, based upon another called Wine, allowing you to play thousands of Windows-only games on Linux. Be sure to check out our constantly updated beginner's guide here.
- Steam Play Proton 5.13-1 Linux compatibility layer up and ready for testing by Liam Dawe
15 October 2020 at 8:55 pm UTC
- The Steam Play Proton compatibility layer turns two years old by Liam Dawe
20 August 2020 at 11:27 pm UTC
- Cult classic Beneath a Steel Sky is finally available free on Steam by Liam Dawe
29 July 2020 at 1:41 pm UTC
- It's now easier than ever to play STAR WARS: The Old Republic on Linux by Liam Dawe
22 July 2020 at 11:32 am UTC
- Worms Armageddon gets a 21 year update, should work better with Wine and Proton by Liam Dawe
18 July 2020 at 11:26 am UTC
- + View more Steam Play articles