Fancy taking on the role of a god? Dominions 5 grants you unimaginable powers as you control your loyal kingdom, but there are those who stand in your way to control the world. The game might look a little dated graphically, but the series has always been rather deep in the gameplay department and they're generally reviewed quite positively too.
New features at a glance:
- Real time combat
- Per unit combat logs
- Design your pretender's bless effect
- Priest's banishment and smite spells will depend on what type of god he follows
- History playback when game is over, see how dominion spread and provinces changed owners
- New random maps with bridges and better looking terrains
- New resource system with recruitment points that encourages recruiting in highly populated areas
- Fortifications built by starting at the basic type, then upgrading it later
- New research queue, researching is now one school at a time
- New movement system
- Winter shown on map and affects movement
Illwinter has actually supported Linux with their Dominions games for a long time now, they actually develop the games on Linux so it's not surprising to see it always supported. You can see an early screenshot of their work on Linux here.