The day after my birthday like a fashionably late present, Chasm is to launch with same-day Linux support on July 31st.
You can't link directly to comments on Steam news posts, but the developer clearly replied to a user asking about Linux support with "Win/Mac/Linux on launch!". You can't get better than that!
They also released a new teaser:
- Explore six massive procedurally-assembled areas from hand-crafted rooms
- Enjoy challenging retro gameplay and authentic pixel art (384x216 native res.)
- Battle massive bosses and discover new abilities to reach previously inaccessible areas
- Customize your character by equipping armor, weapons, and spells
- Linux, Mac & Windows versions with full Gamepad support
I've been personally pouring hours into Dead Cells and it's completely hooked me in, so I very much look forward to another experience like it. The teaser trailer certainly does a good job of selling it to me, that
cute deadly little creature at the end was brilliant.
You can read their announcement about it here.