The strategy game Sudden Strike 4 [Steam] met with a mixed reception at release, but the developers are slowly making good on fixing issues and implementing new features.
There's still no word on them fixing the broken cross-platform multiplayer, it was supposed to work, but it just doesn't. It seems right now, Linux gamers can only see Linux gamers online, despite what they told me about it being cross-platform before release. I'm not really impressed by that to be honest, but they claimed before they will fix it.
Here's the full changelog:
- Lan Support fixed
- Host migration improvements
- Ingame/multiplayer lobby team and all chat (use TAB to switch between all and team chat
- Ping function introduced for multiplayer (use the button or Crtl+click next to the minimap)
- Reworked icon feedback for formations
- Fixed crashes caused by a specific set of civil cars
- Fixed suspension of some soviet trucks
- Fixed voices of last Allied extra
- Fixed group movement mirroring
- Fixed reverse movement handling and unit in-place turning
- Consolidated large unit obstruction sizes
- Tweaked infantry vs infantry collision behavior
- Fixed an issue where repeated commands would make units stop
I still think it's worth it for the single-player campaigns, which are fun, but getting the online properly cross-platform is a must. They claim they are still busy working on the game, so I will keep an eye on what happens.