Acting as a standalone expansion to Coteries of New York (you don't need to have played it), Vampire: The Masquerade - Shadows of New York has been announced for release this year.
"Your old life is dead and buried. You have no afterlife to look forward to, and your vampiric unlife is about to fall apart unless you solve an unsolvable crime. Welcome to New York City... and welcome to the Lasombra clan, where failure is not an option."
Draw Distance say this acts as a more "personal and unique tale", so perhaps this time around your choices might make more of an impact. That was one of the problems of the first game, with choices that didn't mean too much and a somewhat abrupt ending. At least now though, if you did enjoy it, you can look forward to more in the same setting. If you've not played the previous, that's fine too, as it's a shared world but a new story.
- A visual novel tackling themes of personal and political horror, suitable for both Vampire: The Masquerade veterans, and fans of narrative-driven games who are newcomers to the setting.
- A stand-alone expansion to Coteries of New York. See the familiar metropolis through entirely different eyes. Expect new characters, new locations and a fresh original soundtrack.
- Play as a member of the Lasombra clan. Formerly vicious foes of the Camarilla, the Magisters decided to search for safety in the ranks of their former enemies. Master the shadows and communicate with the inhabitants of the Other Side, but beware – Oblivion is always lurking out there, ready to devour you whole.
- Explore the streets of the Big Apple. While you search for ways to satiate your bloodthirst, catch glimpses of various fascinating vignettes and forge connections with the eccentric inhabitants of the city. One playthrough won’t be enough to see it all.
- Shape your mind, shape your fate. You used to avoid defining yourself and tried to stay neutral, but given your situation, you can no longer afford to do so. The choices you make will alter the way you think, and your thinking will alter the paths you take.
Perhaps the best news, is saved for last. Unlike last time, they're going for a simultaneous launch on Linux, macOS and Windows now they have the majority of their issues sorted from the last release. Excellent. Kudos to Draw Distance there for the effort and keeping it going.
You can wishlist/follow on Steam.