Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
Tearing problems (vsync not working)
Page: «2/2
  Go to:
ky0 May 30, 2015
Thank you thank you thank you.... this has been an annoyance of mine since I moved to Linux. thank youuu
Avehicle7887 Jun 5, 2015
I have a question, does Compton has anything to do with Compiz?

I'm using Mint MATE and for the past 2 months I couldn't get VSync to work in Wine. I've tried everything except this.

EDIT: Just tried compton with the Xpander's command, however no luck in forcing Vsync in Wine games.
Xpander Jun 6, 2015
compton and compiz are tottaly different compositors.

about wine games, it does work for me. maybe you are running in virtual wine window and that causing issues?
ky0 Jun 8, 2015
Is it possible to get this setting only enabled when you are on at your desktop?
I don't like using vsync in games as it generates input lag for me.
Avehicle7887 Jun 8, 2015
Quoting: Guest
Quoting: Avehicle7887EDIT: Just tried compton with the Xpander's command, however no luck in forcing Vsync in Wine games.
Works for me everywhere, fullscreen or not, on nvidia. Do you have an AMD GPU?

Mint 17.1 MATE with GTX 960 using drivers 349.16. I mainly need it for some games that don't have a builtin VSync limiter such as Risen and Septerra Core, for example these 2 games break if rendering hundreds of frames.

Games with a built in VSync work perfectly.
Nasra Jun 10, 2015
Hi,

On my elementary OS i don't have the xorg.conf in /etc/X11/ and nothing that seems similar...
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.