Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
Doom 2016
Page: «2/2
  Go to:
1xok Jan 22, 2017
Quoting: UncleivanIm trying to run doom steam version via wine staging and playonlinux on antergos and a GTX 1080 and the game doenst run either with the regular exe or vulkan exe. Is there anything specific i need to do?

Sorry, I do not understand what you're doing. The only exe you have to call is the exe of the steam installer (exe or msi).

Under Xubuntu 16.10 I just use the official PPA:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:wine/wine-builds
sudo apt-get update

Then I've installed steam under wine. For example:
wget https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net/client/installer/SteamSetup.exe
wine start SteamSetup.exe

After that I just started my steam client under wine (over the desktop icon wine has created) and launched Doom. (Need some time to download.)

That's all I did.

For optional Vulkan support I've installed:
sudo apt-get install libvulkan-dev libvulkan1 vulkan-utils
Uncleivan Jan 22, 2017
Yes i get a playonlinux bottle crash notificação whenever i try to run It
1xok Jan 22, 2017
Quoting: UncleivanYes i get a playonlinux bottle crash notificação whenever i try to run It

Never tried playonlinux so far. Sorry, can't help with this.
Uncleivan Jan 22, 2017
Fixed it, ran a clean install, http://www.codelecture.com/wp/install-doom-2016-on-wine-in-ubuntu-linux-playonlinux-w-subs/

Used the FAQ in the link, game runs out of the box, perfect performance with vulkan.

:)
Julius Jan 22, 2017
Just a small hint for those who thought a 32bit steam install would work and don't want to download the 60GB again in a 64bit steam wine bottle (as moving the files will not work if you have insufficient hard-drive space to initialize the installation again):

Just add another steam library folder that references the steamapps folder in the 32bit wine bottle and it will work fine.
1xok Jan 23, 2017
Quoting: UncleivanUsed the FAQ in the link, game runs out of the box, perfect performance with vulkan.
:)

Congratulation! :)

It seems I had problems with the 375.20 binary driver. The game has hung-up during load screens when I used vulkan. After updating to the 375.26 driver I can't reproduced the problem any more. Played 2h with vulkan without any problems. The game runs very smoothly. Have played Doom 20 years ago. What a fun! :)
Grimfist Jan 23, 2017
Hoping in here to report that I have it now up&running with PlayOnLinux and a new 64bit prefix and Wine 2.0RC5-staging. I copied over the game files from my windows partition which worked without problems. The game runs fine and I haven't had any crashes or hangups for now. I'm very glad that I can play this jewel on Linux now. :D
1xok Jan 24, 2017
Snapmap and multiplayer seems to work now. Quick test with 2.0RC6-staging. I can choose this options now without crashes. The game also has created a Doom SteamID for me. :D

Have not found a public party yet. I need to set something in the game options I think. Will try on weekend.

I saw only a few minor graphic glitches. It runs very stable with nvidia binary driver 375.26. I've been playing for several hours.
Ehvis Feb 1, 2017
Wow! I actually read most of that post before realising it was spam. That's probably the longest it ever took me. Good effort. Not good enough though.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.