Join us on our own very special Reddit: /r/Linuxers
New Desktop Screenshot Thread
Page: «43/43
  Go to:
dubigrasu 30 Jun

In my earlier days I used to visit these ...desktop beautification sites or whatever you call them, and trying to replicate what I saw, but soon realized that the more "beautiful" you get your desktop to be, the more unpractical it becomes.
Is the same feeling you get when you watch fashion models on catwalks, wearing beautiful and extravagant clothes. I mean, sure they are nice/gorgeous/etc, but how do you get in the car dressed like that, can you walk up a flight of stairs with those shoes?...you get the idea.
These days my requirements are just some nice anti-aliased fonts, some flat icons and a a blank desktop.
My current wallpaper: #E95420

Quoting: HamishI am a bit late posting this month, mostly due to doing a big clean up and upgrade of my Conky configuration after getting my new graphics card.

That's a nice looking desktop, I love the conky configuration you have! I need to play around with my conky config a bit more, as it is a little flat and doesn't quite show enough enough stats about my machine. I love stats ;)

Hamish 1 Jul

Quoting: Thrash_Metal_ComputersThat's a nice looking desktop, I love the conky configuration you have! I need to play around with my conky config a bit more, as it is a little flat and doesn't quite show enough enough stats about my machine. I love stats ;)
I keep an upload of my Conky configuration so that others can build on it as I have:
http://icculus.org/~hamish/configs/conkyrc

Mine started from a template posted by Craig Watson on a forum thread many years ago.

Last edited by Hamish on 2 July 2020 at 8:07 pm UTC

Quoting: Hamish
Quoting: Thrash_Metal_ComputersThat's a nice looking desktop, I love the conky configuration you have! I need to play around with my conky config a bit more, as it is a little flat and doesn't quite show enough enough stats about my machine. I love stats ;)
I keep an upload of my Conky configuration so that others can build on it as I have:
http://icculus.org/~hamish/configs/conkyrc

Mine started from a template posted by Craig Watson on a forum thread many years ago.

That's awesome, thank you very much for the link.

Hamish 2 Jul

New wallpapers for July:

I can't say I care for the new DeviantArt very much.

fires 3 Jul

My Desk Top For Today

link

Xpander 3 Jul

Not many changes. Still Rocking the MATE desktop.

link

You need to Register and Login to comment, submit articles and more.

Or login with...