New Desktop Screenshot Thread
Page: «67/72»
  Go to:
Pengling Oct 2, 2023
Quoting: amorticianArch with Window Maker and a home baked theme called ALRIGHT.
Looks smart! Just curious, where's the background image from?

Quoting: amorticianApologies for the repost but I can not seem to get the images to load like this from my FireFox. So have tried to post from Chromium to see if it works. As you can see it works but I have to enter the url detail twice in the pop up box.
Try using this for posting images;

![Image Title Here](image-url-here)

For example;

![Bomberman victory-pose](https://i.imgur.com/lGAlTvl.png)

This should become...

... This.
amortician Oct 4, 2023
[quote=Pengling]
Quoting: amorticianArch with Window Maker and a home baked theme called ALRIGHT.
Looks smart! Just curious, where's the background image from?

Image is from a screenshot taken from some anime I was watching. I can not remember which anime it was as I took the screenshot quite a few years ago. It must have been a good anime though for me to have taken the shot.

Figured out how to do the posting images thing thanks for the info though.
Mezron Oct 17, 2023

Wife and I went to a Sexy Nerds event to play fighting games and dance as our favorite Street Fighters. We then changed our desktops to match our goofiness!

Oh and the icons - The Ken icon is ReDream. The Chun-Li icon is Mednaffe.

Last edited by Mezron on 17 October 2023 at 5:00 pm UTC
Avehicle7887 Oct 18, 2023
Been a while since I changed wallpapers.

Hamish Oct 31, 2023
Radiskull and Devil Doll present Halloween in Canada:

chaussettes Nov 12, 2023
Mint with cinnamon

Bilskirnir3124 Nov 25, 2023
Not a fresh desktop anymore, but it's less than a week old. The second IVPN systray icon you'll see there is actually Bitwarden. Having the same issue on my laptop which is running the same distro and DE. Running Arch Linux and MATE.

Last edited by Bilskirnir3124 on 25 November 2023 at 5:52 am UTC
BlackBloodRum Nov 25, 2023
Quoting: Bilskirnir3124Not a fresh desktop anymore, but it's less than a week old. The second IVPN systray icon you'll see there is actually Bitwarden. Having the same issue on my laptop which is running the same distro and DE. Running Arch Linux and MATE.

If you don't mind my asking, do you mean you have two iVPN icons because you're running two active connections, or that it's duplicating itself?

If it's two simultaneous VPN connections you're after, there is a better way, with or without NetworkManager (NM).

Also, if you're system has NM installed, you can add iVPN/Mullvad/AirVPN (etc) directly to it, reducing the need for the extra application.
Bilskirnir3124 Nov 25, 2023
Quoting: BlackBloodRum
Quoting: Bilskirnir3124Not a fresh desktop anymore, but it's less than a week old. The second IVPN systray icon you'll see there is actually Bitwarden. Having the same issue on my laptop which is running the same distro and DE. Running Arch Linux and MATE.

If you don't mind my asking, do you mean you have two iVPN icons because you're running two active connections, or that it's duplicating itself?

If it's two simultaneous VPN connections you're after, there is a better way, with or without NetworkManager (NM).

Also, if you're system has NM installed, you can add iVPN/Mullvad/AirVPN (etc) directly to it, reducing the need for the extra application.

It's not duplicate iVPN installations/connections. It's an icon issue. That's Bitwarden for some reason using iVPN's icon. That is very good to know thought. I do use NM to manage connections. I intend to try out Mullvad sometime so I might try that method out.
BlackBloodRum Nov 25, 2023
Quoting: Bilskirnir3124
Quoting: BlackBloodRum

It's not duplicate iVPN installations/connections. It's an icon issue. That's Bitwarden for some reason using iVPN's icon. That is very good to know thought. I do use NM to manage connections. I intend to try out Mullvad sometime so I might try that method out.
This is quite off-topic for this thread, so I'll keep this brief.

Both iVPN and Mullvad can be configured directly through NM. I don't currently have iVPN however, for Mullvad you download the wireguard config from their "WireGuard configuration file generator".

Check the file is valid, it should have configuration sections of [Interface] and [Peer] at least. If you can get the same type of file from iVPN then the rest of this process is the same.

As root, change to the directory where it was downloaded, for example if you put it in ~/Downloads:

root $ cd /home/(your user)/Downloads

And now import it:

root $ nmcli connection import type wireguard file (conf file name).conf

Do note that you need to change (your user) and (conf file name) to match your local system. For example, if the file downloaded as au-bne-wg-301.conf, then you would run

root $ nmcli connection import type wireguard file au-bne-wg-301.conf

And you're done! You should now have the VPN imported, it probably also got activated by NM. At this point you can use NM to change a few bits (be careful not to break anything important!) such as whether it activates on boot and such.

Enjoy!
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.