Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
DiRT Rally GOL League - Group A Season 3
Page: «3/3
  Go to:
Xpander Feb 22, 2019
UK done. Am i really that good? Lots of mistakes. Had to do last 2 stages twice cause of a game crash. But enjoyed the stages. Could have been much better without mistakes.

Summary:
S1: Went straight on hairpin, Crashed into fences after watersplash (forgot my wipers button :))
S2: Clean
S3: Crash into fences after same watersplash
S4: Clean
S5: Half-spin after hitting a Dirt mound, Reverse needed
S6: Clean
Skully Feb 22, 2019
@Xpander I thought I did extremely good. But somehow you beat me by 50'ish seconds overall. Did you happen to record that run? I would love to see it. Great job man!

Edit: Also with greece I thought I did maybe the best I ever done with no mistakes, but you still beat me with mistakes lol.

Is there a way we can make this tournament more known to people on GOL. Surely we can get more people in. I know you guys were running a long time before I found out by accident (by spotting it mentioned in latest forum posts.) I bet many don't even know we are playing.
Xpander Feb 22, 2019
Sadly i didn't record. And i feel i wasn't even on the edge, i got into good rythm except the mistakes, but surely there was a lot more time to be had. Thats kind of odd. Maybe the new wheel is giving me so much more feedback, now that i'm also used with the handbreak button. I Dunno. Next season i will try to record everything.
And yeah we need more people, might have to do a reddit post or something, will think about it.
Skully Feb 23, 2019
Reddit post might work. Is there something we can do on GOL that would make it more known. I doubt we could get an article on it, but maybe we can get Liam to mention it in some of his what is everyone playing type articles or something.

Don't go recording just because of me. I just know sometimes you do. Was hoping to see where I could go faster. I am aware of a few places I hold back on, because I have trouble not crashing if I don't. But still your nearly a minute ahead. I need to step it up a bit lol
Xpander Feb 28, 2019
Ok, what do you guys want for the new season? cars etc?
I will make it so it will start next week.
Probably i wont participate myself as i bought Dirt Rally 2.0 and going back the Dirt Rally 1 handling seems like going backwards to me. What i like about DR2, Road order, tracks of other cars change the handling quite a bit, jumps don't have the low gravity like in DR1, Graphics are beautiful and it feels just so much better than DR1 in many aspect. Attention to small details is also amazing like when someone infront of you has crashed, its on the road, people waving that danger is on the road etc, rear view mirrors shaking, co-drivers voice is shaking when he is reading when i drive over small bumps etc.. just everything is really nicely done. There are ofc problems also. No Online Leagues as far as i can see, no snowy Event, no WRC spec cars. But overall so much better game imo and works great with wine-staging 4.2 also. With proton FFB doesn't work sadly.

Early Gameplay (those framespikes are fixed with steam chat offline - weird issue)
Spoiler, click me

Some Random Fast stage in Poland - Had Bloom enabled so its a bit too bright in the video
Spoiler, click me

Anyway.. Let me know what cars you want for next event
Redface Feb 28, 2019
What about some cars we did not use yet, like Rallycross Supercars for example?

And I wait for a Linux version of Dirt Rally 2.0, but good that you like it. And thanks for keeping setting these seasons up.
tuubi Mar 2, 2019
I'm fine with any class for the next season.

Quoting: RedfaceWhat about some cars we did not use yet, like Rallycross Supercars for example?
I don't think the Rallycross cars are available for normal Rally events. Same goes for the Hillclimb cars.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.