You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page.
Arx Fatalis free
sr_ls_boy May 29, 2020
Bethesda is giving away copies on their site.
I think you have to have an account there.
Myrhan May 29, 2020
It's worth noting that this game can be played natively with Arx Libertatis, which has improvements. The free copy will require running the Bethesda launcher, which isn't for Linux though. The instructions can be seen here, and is available until May 31 at 10am EST.
Shmerl May 31, 2020
GOG has DRM-free version too just for the reference, and it's pretty cheap now.

Last edited by Shmerl on 31 May 2020 at 9:42 pm UTC
mos Jun 8, 2020
Libertaris is a fine port indeed as I'm finding out..

but maybe someone can shed the light on:

Is it possible to AIM with MOUSE LOOK when about to release a spell?
in other words, I've correctly "drawn", say, a Magic Missile and I'm still holding the MAGIC key - but I can only aim with turn left/right up/down keys or screen edge turning???
given the disadvantage of having to draw the runes in the heat of the battle, it makes the usage of non-precast aim spells almost prohibitively cumbersome
mos Jun 8, 2020
^^^^^^^^^^
No it's not...
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.