You can sign up to get a daily email of our articles, see the Mailing List page.
Your next/last game purchase?
Page: «9/9
  Go to:
hardpenguin Jan 12, 2013
Quoting: "FireFlower Games, post: 7602, member: 409"Bought the Police Quest collection. Not for Linux though. :)

DOSBox ftw, right?
FireFlower Games Jan 12, 2013
Yeah, that's DOSBox. Does it work on Linux?
hardpenguin Jan 12, 2013
Quoting: "FireFlower Games, post: 7614, member: 409"Yeah, that's DOSBox. Does it work on Linux?

Lol of course. You can install it from any distribution repository.
Hamish Jan 12, 2013
Quoting: "FireFlower Games, post: 7614, member: 409"Yeah, that's DOSBox. Does it work on Linux?

Most of these old gaming technologies (DOSBox, ScummVM) have strong Linux roots, although DOSBox did admittedly start because of the sharp decrease of DOS support in Windows XP.
Liam Dawe Jan 12, 2013
DosBOX works perfectly on Linux, used it for X-COM before :)
FireFlower Games Jan 12, 2013
Oh, didn't know that. :confused:
Liam Dawe Jan 28, 2013
Picked myself up the original counter strike!
Mezron Feb 3, 2013
The last game I actually bought was back in 1997 to 1998 Half-Life. Since then I've just played freeware, f2p, browser based games and free retail PC games that are given away for free.

The last one that was retail and free that I played and enjoyed was Metro 2033.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.