Confused on Steam Play and Proton? Be sure to check out our guide.
What game did you play lately that positively surprised you?
Page: «3/3
  Go to:
lillianrmiller Aug 18, 2023
I played Dead Cells and I really liked it, the best game this year

Last edited by lillianrmiller on 18 August 2023 at 10:41 am UTC
aarjav Sep 1, 2023
I really liked Dead Cells too even if I found it a little difficult.

Tutuapp

Last edited by aarjav on 14 September 2023 at 10:38 pm UTC
Valso Sep 3, 2023
Games that positively surprised me? None. I don't think such games exist anymore. Nowadays games are only made to suck the dough out of your pockets.
I used to like ETS2 but SCS keep doing whatever they want and since v1.47 the game is good for nothing, so I downgraded it to 1.46 (where ALL of my mods work) and moved it out of Steam, so that it never updates.

Games that became satisfyingly good to play after I modded them - quite a few: Carmageddon 2, NFS Most Wanted 2005, Galaxy on Fire 2 HD, Hard Truck Apocalypse, Star Control Origins.
StoneColdSpider Sep 3, 2023
Quoting: ValsoGames that positively surprised me? None. I don't think such games exist anymore. Nowadays games are only made to suck the dough out of your pockets.
And thats why I mostly play older emulated games now and have been for awhile...... Most modern games just dont do it for me anymore......
Even my answer in this very thread above was a game from 1990 and a game from 1993......

There are still some really good indie games coming out now...... But there are so many "indie" games its really hard to find the gems now.....

Last edited by StoneColdSpider on 3 September 2023 at 1:18 pm UTC
dvd Sep 3, 2023
Kinda mainstream game i guess, but if i hadn't played the pathfinder games, i'd say Baldurs Gate 3. I really want to love this game, but it has so many bugs and annoying quirks (the latter of which they could've easily done with just looking at the trove of TB and RTwP CRPGs of the past 5-6 years). At least the larianisms are gone, but my guess is it's mostly thanks to using the DnD combat system. I have higher hoped for the Owlcat game, it will be also a nice switch of theme to fantasy/scifi blend from the usual high fantasy setting these games take place in.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.