Don't want to see articles from a certain category? When logged in, go to your User Settings and adjust your feed in the Content Preferences section where you can block tags!
What game do you truly regret buying?
Page: «5/5
  Go to:
Koopacabras Jul 5, 2023
Phoenix Point.. I am sure there's worst games quality wise that I own. But the problem is that the expectations and hype was pretty high for me, so it's more about reality vs expectation kinda of thing. It's like a nice looking fruit with shiny skin that when you start to peel it's super rot . such a let down.
PublicNuisance Jul 5, 2023
My worst would be paying $50 for Turning Point: Fall of Liberty. An absolute dumpster fire of a game. No redeaming qualities.

Quoting: Liam DaweHere’s an interesting one for you: what game has been the one you regret buying the most?

For me, it has to be Aliens Colonial Marines. I bought into the hype, the original faked trailers look amazing and I think we all know the resulting poo it turned out to be. That was where I really stopped pre-ordering games personally.

I don’t think I’ve had a bigger let-down since then.

I had preordered Aliens Colonial Marines for $50 and it would be on my list as well but I ended up cancelling the preorder before it came out. Just had a bad feeling. Ended up getting it for $4 later on and at that price thought it was alright.
damarrin Jul 5, 2023
Last week I regretted buying Aliens Dark Descent, because it's not great on the Steam Deck (fails to wake from sleep most of the time plus shoddy perf). I'm sure they'll fix it up in time, but Steam refunds are so nice. I now have some monies burning a hole in my (Steam) wallet.
Klaas Jul 5, 2023
Quoting: KoopacabrasPhoenix Point.. I am sure there's worst games quality wise that I own. But the problem is that the expectations and hype was pretty high for me, so it's more about reality vs expectation kinda of thing. It's like a nice looking fruit with shiny skin that when you start to peel it's super rot . such a let down.
I'm so glad that I took the wait and see approach with that game. I'm still disappointed although I haven't spent any money on it just by reading reports and watching videos about it.
junibegood Jul 6, 2023
My biggest disappointment has nothing to do with money spent, it's an expectations vs. reality thing.

The game is "The Guild II : Renaissance". I was very hyped by the historical setting, by the original ideas, by the very fun game stories people shared in the review.

I knew, from the reviews as well, that it was unfinished (many bugs, poor UI), but I had endured playing "Vanguard : Saga of Heroes" for years, so I thought I could play anything.

I was wrong. This was the worst experience I ever had in a game. I don't remember the details because it was a few years ago, but I remember I never knew how to achieve even the simplest things and had to try and fail all the time.

Good things came out of this though. I've realized that I've grown older and that I have much less time to play than before. I can't and don't want to spend hours trying to understand a poorly designed and buggy UI before I can enjoy the game. I probably wouldn't touch Vanguard if I discovered it today !

Even if a game has very positive reviews, I'm now always very careful if a lot of negative reviews talk about a poor UI.
QuadRadical Jul 7, 2023
Quoting: win8linuxFall Guys is prolly the one with the most regret. It was the one time I caved in to FOMO and bought it at full price, only to not be able to play it anymore mere days later with the addition of EAC. Now it's not played as much back then, since matchmaking takes much longer.
Fall guys can be played on Linux BTW.
denyasis Jul 9, 2023
Almost every "Epic RPG" (we're talking like baldurs gate, wasteland, that style).

It should be right up my alley... Huge world, lots of characters, party customization, big awesome story.... Ady I buy them Everytime cause maybe this time it'll be good..... And then I get part way through and get bored.... Or I didn't optimize my party enough and hit a wall where I'm under stated.
dvd Jul 15, 2023
Quoting: denyasisAlmost every "Epic RPG" (we're talking like baldurs gate, wasteland, that style).

It should be right up my alley... Huge world, lots of characters, party customization, big awesome story.... Ady I buy them Everytime cause maybe this time it'll be good..... And then I get part way through and get bored.... Or I didn't optimize my party enough and hit a wall where I'm under stated.

Oh I should've put Wasteland 3 here too. I only played it through once, it felt a way inferior gameplay experience compared to Wasteland 2.
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.