Every article tag can be clicked to get a list of all articles in that category. Every article tag also has an RSS feed! You can customize an RSS feed too!
What game(s) will you always have installed as long as they work???
Page: «3/3
  Go to:
wvstolzing Sep 19, 2023
Quoting: Pengling
Quoting: wvstolzingI used to make sure I had a MAME version ready to play the Street Fighter Alpha & 'II' series; though at some point my installation broke, and I didn't bother to fix it.
The RetroArch Flatpak makes MAME an awful lot more convenient these days, in my experience, and it's nice and easy to add entries for individual games to your system menu/Steam/etc..

Thanks, I should check that out. I hope I haven't thrown out my totally legit Street Fighter ROMs.
carlbergubcamps Dec 26, 2023
The choices for forever-installed games are as diverse as our gaming preferences! If you're a fan of immersive and captivating games, you might want to explore titles from Airtight Games. With a rich history of innovative games, Airtight Games has undoubtedly contributed to the timeless appeal of forever-installed classics. Explore more information at https://airtightgames.com/ to discover gaming gems that stand the test of time. Their portfolio boasts creations that have left an indelible mark on the gaming landscape. From the mind-bending "Quantum Conundrum" to the atmospheric "Murdered: Soul Suspect," their games are a testament to the artistry of game development. What about you? Any Airtight Games titles on your permanent playlist?

Last edited by carlbergubcamps on 29 December 2023 at 7:35 pm UTC
levellord Dec 27, 2023
Rimworld with some balancing mods, Transport Fever 1 or 2 and 7 Days to Die. These games I always return to, especially Rimworld, everything else I am done with when I finish the game.
Pengling Dec 28, 2023
Quoting: PenglingOoh, good thread! I've got a few games that I'd class in this way, though in some cases they were ports and I've since shifted over to emulating the original console versions because it's a superior experience now that we've got the computing power to do so. They are;

Croc: Legend of the Gobbos, one of the only 3D platformers I ever enjoyed.

Jazz Jackrabbit 2, one of the best 2D platformers ever made.

Sonic CD, another of the best 2D platformers ever made.

There are also a few titles that never had PC ports that I always have ready-to-go via emulation, too, but those are probably outside the scope of this thread! Still, here they are anyway;

Bomberman '94 (PC Engine)
Cosmic Ark (Atari 2600)
Donkey Kong Country (SNES)
Donkey Kong Land (Game Boy)
Kirby's Dream Land (Game Boy)
Kirby Super Star (SNES)
Klonoa -Door To Phantomile- (PlayStation)
Star Fox (SNES)
Wario Blast Featuring Bomberman! (Game Boy)
As is clear from the age of the games in my previous post, this does NOT happen often, but my always-install list has taken on a couple of new inductees for the first time in decades - one emulated, and one native Linux (which also happens to be the first post-2000 game in my list);

Bomberman Hero (N64), a new addition to the tiny list of 3D platformers that I've ever enjoyed.

Stardew Valley (Native Linux), a relaxing farming-sim full of heart and personality.

Last edited by Pengling on 29 December 2023 at 6:18 am UTC
While you're here, please consider supporting GamingOnLinux on:

Reward Tiers: Patreon. Plain Donations: PayPal.

This ensures all of our main content remains totally free for everyone! Patreon supporters can also remove all adverts and sponsors! Supporting us helps bring good, fresh content. Without your continued support, we simply could not continue!

You can find even more ways to support us on this dedicated page any time. If you already are, thank you!
Login / Register

Or login with...
Sign in with Steam Sign in with Google
Social logins require cookies to stay logged in.